Visit South

Monday, March 25, 2013

I took a bit of time last week to head south in Utah to visit my sister Polly and her family.  It was a great break for me and Mr. Hive.
At Christmas I made Camille's Vintage Holiday quilt.  My sisters and nieces decided they would also make projects using this pattern, too.  So we worked a bit on blocks and planning their projects.  We ended up with 3 blocks completed.  I know that doesn't sound like a lot but choosing fabric and cutting was also accomplished.
My sister Michelle made her fussy cut block #7.  Super cute.
My niece Tricia also is here with fussy cut block #7.  Also fantastic.
And my sister Polly with her block #7.  Darling.  Not pictured is my niece Tricia and the great nephews that were also there and greatly contributed. (not to mention husbands)  The girls all planned some alone sewing in the next few weeks to keep their momentum going forward.  We always have fun sewing together.
Michelle has been working with the rest of us to make Lori's row along quilt. I was so glad she brought her flimsy to show us.  It really is so cute.  Cute enough to make my nieces want to make one, too. Michelle did a great job (better than me!).
This quilt was so fun.  I wish I had brought mine to compare.  Darn.  But it was fun seeing Michelle's.  Now this week I need to finish my row along and add the borders.  Let's see if I can fit that in my busy upcoming week.

Thanks Polly and Ken for letting us come and stay in your lovely home.  It was a wonderful few days.

-nanette

You Might Also Like

18 comments

Popular Posts