Another Fabulously Fun Fabric Friday

24 comments
I really like novelty fabric and novelty quilts. I also like having fabric of different textures and types. Today I'm going to spotlight cotton/linen blend fabrics. It is hard sometimes to put these types of fabric in quilts since they are heavier weight and not really purposed for quilts. In some instances I don't let that stop me and I will include fabrics of different types in my quilts, even velvets and corduroy along with these thicker fabrics. I mostly use these heavier fabrics for crafts, purses, aprons and hand towels. The novelty element makes them very fun to collect. If you look at my side bar there are several places I obtain Japanese reproduction/novelty fabric from. These fabrics below have been collected over the past few years from those sources and from Etsy sellers.

These are in my novelty travel fabrics collection. The one on the right is about New York.
I love fabrics with houses in them and of course kitchen prints. Kitchen prints are my absolute favorite novelties.
These are kind of 1970's type fabrics.
This is a darling elephant print that came in several colors.
Kitchen/sewing prints.
I really like the colors and the sewing theme in this fabric.
And I do like bee themed fabric, too.

This is one of my favorite kitchen novelty prints. I use it very sparingly because I haven't seen this for sale anywhere for a while.

I hope you are having a nice Friday and Happy Labor Day weekend to everyone. I am hoping to be able to start sewing again soon.
-nanette
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

24 comments

Abby and Stephanie said...

Oh how I'd love to play with your beautiful fabric...especially the kitchen ones. Hope your shoulder is feeling better. I wonder if a doctor would believe a "quilting injury"?

Susan said...

Oh, how I love a parade of fabrics...perfect!

Mariangeles M said...

Love those fabrics!!!

em's scrapbag said...

What a great collection! They are greally fun to look at.

Browndirtcottage said...

You have a VERY good collection there!!!

Nedra said...

I have never collected novelty fabric. Looking at your site makes me a fan! I can see my future changing....

Eileen said...

Hmmm.. I think my favorites out of this batch are the adorable elephants.. and the 70's type fabric. But they are all so much fun! I don't usually pick up the kitchen novelties.. so they are very interesting to me.. and I like them a LOT!

Loving your Fabulous Fabric Fridays.. and hope you can keep them going a little while yet. :-)

nettie said...

I love the New York fabric!

Thimbleanna said...

Great fabrics Nanette! I love novelty fabrics too -- it's always fun to have them be a little surprise in a quilt. Rest that shoulder!!! ;-)

Mimi Sue said...

Your fabric is just beautiful. Those 70's fabrics take me back. I think I had a maternity smock made out of one of them! Remember maternity smocks? Have a great weekend. Mimi

Kim said...

pretty fabric
you'll love the new additions on sew mama sew's blog...

Karen said...

Love your Fabulously Fabric Fridays - you have an amazing collection of great fabric - lucky you :)

Hugs - karen

Material Girls said...

nanette,
I'm sure I saw a ironing board cover or two in that fabric line up!
nadine
the material girls quilts

Unknown said...

Wow, just catching up on some of your posts. I love the novelty fabrics! Boy, do you have some wonderful friends, what a nice thing to do, dinner looks great. I bet it was wonderful. I love your sofa redo!

Anina said...

I love fabric! Love!

Anonymous said...

What fun fabrics. I love these novelty fabrics too! They just never fail to bring a smile to my face. x

Regina said...

These are awesome - I gravitate towards bee fabrics myself - but would love all of these.

jacquie said...

love that last one too.

CJ said...

You must like to spend time in the kitchen when you aren't sewing ;) This is a perfection combination of those two 'crafts'! What a lovely collection of fabrcs. Isn't it a shame some are just too cute to use up!

Ginger Patches said...

Oh I'm lovin' your fabric Friday soooo much!!!! Must. stop. drooling. :)

Caesar Beezer The Wonder Dog said...

Hi Nanette! Love the fabrics - would love them more if I could "pet" them too! Tell me where your favorite quilt shops are in Utah, I'm coming down for my dad's b-day later this month and I'd love to hit a few. My sister lives close to Elaine's so I always go there but other than that I haven't a clue! Thanks! The other Nanette..who can only sign in on Blogger with my dog's blog! Frustrating!

Cathi said...

I love those fabrics!! They are so different!

Lisa said...

nanette, I love those fabrics! how fun! what will they become???

Nan said...

Oh, how I would love to play in all your wonderful vintage fabric!! It's just too wonderful!