Dresses

Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Yippeee

I got my little dresses quilt back last night from Wren Woodland, my machine quilter extraordinaire. She really outdid herself this time. It has to be one of my all time favorite machine quilting artistries. The quilting totally enhances the pattern, fabrics and embellishments of the dresses and the blocks.
I needed the quilt done this week to show in our little local quilt show this Saturday and Wren came through. Thank you Wren. I am really very delighted with the completed project.
Each dress is individual with fabric, embellishments and now the quilting. Every single dress is unique! Now I have to figure out what I will call the pattern. Suggestions anyone? On the corners of each dress block are fabrics in the color palette of the dress. Then the triangles come together to form blocks. The quilting in each block is unique, too. No 2 blocks are the same.
The border is lacy with a fussy detail in the corners. Its all very feminine and comes together so well.Today I'll finish the binding and then tomorrow I'll take it with my Merry-Go-Round quilt and a baby quilt to the local show. My "In the Leafy Treetops" quilt is at a 6 week long quilt show in a town to the south where I live. Its at the Springville Art Museum, which is a larger quilt show in our area and hopefully I'll have time very soon to go look at it with the other quilts in the show.
I've delayed the debut of the bird quilt pattern to coincide with this dress quilt pattern completion. I have photography scheduled for next month. So I've got a lot going on. But its all fun things. Plus I think I may have a baby quilt published later this year in a national magazine. Good things are happening.
-nanette

You Might Also Like

72 comments

Popular Posts