Memorial Weekend Fabric Friday

29 comments
Oh my, we've got a great beginning of summer vacation here since school is always out by Memorial Day. Crazy weather, Monday it snowed and today school is out for summer. Unreal.
I thought I would start off with this great 1 yard cut of retro clocks I found here. Is this "me" fabric or what!? I absolutely love it. I don't know yet what I'll use it for but I adore it.
Another "must have" fabric is this cute gnome fabric border print. You may have seen it around. It is becoming kind of popular. I thought I might make an apron with it. Love the red and white dot on top, too.
Another "me" fabric is this great kitchen print. I love it. Retro and kitchen, I never get tired of it.
Now this is family of fabrics may not appear to be Nanette type fabrics at first glance but if you think about it, they have roses and dots-definitely me, and the scroll work and roses I just really like. This is new Fig Tree fabric. The colors are a bit off for me but I like them. I'll see how I can work them in.
Purple doesn't really scream my name but I think it is wonderful for little Allison. When my girls and I went to the local Beehive Bazaar (which is not your grandmother's Bazaar but hip and modern and full of Etsy Sellers) we picked up this little embellished onsie for Allison. I want to make her a cute little tiny skirt out of that Japanese patchwork piece to go with the onsie. I even picked up a little purple striped elastic for the skirt. How cute is that!

Have a relaxing long weekend. I hope to do some sewing and just lay back a bit. We'll see how that works. I sorta feel like BBQ and potato salad to kick off the summer.

-nanette
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

29 comments

Lynne (Lily's Quilts) said...

We must have all the same taste, I was loving everything until I came to the Fig Tree fabric which doesn't grab me, then back to the purple, I don't like purple but I love that fabric. The funny thing I've noticed about a few fabrics and Fig Tree is one of them (also Denyse Schmidt's Hope Valley) that I wouldn't pick them out in a shop but when I see a quilt made from them I go mad for it. I've just bought a Whimsy layer cake for exactly that reason.

Betsy said...

love your fabrics Nanette. They are so inspiring.

Retrogirl said...

What fun fabrics! Love the clocks...ok...all of them but especially the clocks. Adorable =) I can't wait to see what you do with them as you work your magic, Nanette.

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

It snowed on Monday!!!
Must have clock fabric!!
How fun to be able to sew for Allison, be sure to take a picture of her wearing it and share!

Brandie said...

There must be wierd weather everywhere. We have had it here also. More great fabrics. If you do make an apron out of the gnome and mushroom fabric, show us please. Allison will look so cute in her outfit. And I agree with your weekend plans. I can't remember the last time I had potato salad, yummy! You send me salad, I'll send you a muffin.

Annette said...

Such fun fabrics and the little outfit for your granddaughter is so sweet. What a great find.

Unknown said...

Everything looks divine!!! I love the clocks too and it is sooooo you!

Browndirtcottage said...

Tick Tock...Tick Tock...Love those clocks...and I think the little knome is outrageous!!!

em's scrapbag said...

Love those clocks!
Allison will be so cute in this outfit. I'll be watching for pictures.

Nedra said...

I love the gnome border print, and hadn't seen it before.
Have a great Memorial Day weekend with family. With all the snow that you've had, I hope you can BBQ.
I hear our temps might be in the 90''s and hope to have family over for a swim and BBQ.

Kim D. said...

Love the fabrics and the Onsie is adorable. I hope you'll share the sweet skirt you make for Allison.

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

As usual, I love all your fabrics, but the clock one is definitely a stand out. Allison will sure look pretty in that skirt!!

Micki said...

I love the gnome fabric...I am a kid at heart..I would love to use it in a quilt...will have to think about that one.LOL
Micki

Lynn said...

Gnomes and retro kitchen ... how cute! What plans do you have for the gnomes, that's one of those I could not ever cut into.

strawberrycream39 said...

The clock fabric is so cute, and definitely YOU! I've ordered from that etsy seller before, great selection.

I love everything you showed, as usual! Fig Tree is gorgeous, just a different palette!

*karendianne. said...

You totally got me with the retro kitchen print!!!

Cathi said...

Oooh, those Fig Tree fabrics are fabulous!! The fabric in the top picture in this post is intriguing.

AnnieO said...

Oh, I love the clock one the best, I think. But it is hard to choose. How on earth can you ever get anything done when you have such fabric to pet and admire?

Lurline said...

I think there is something to suit everyone's taste here - lovely to be able to talk to you Nanette !
Hugs - Lurline♥

Mimi Sue said...

Beautiful fabric, as usual. Have a great Memorial Day. Mimi

pratima said...

I haven't seen these gnomes before... they are the cutest! Retro clocks are so cute and the Japanese patchwork print would be so adorable with the onsie :)

Sharie - Moss Bluff said...

You always have the most interesting fabric. I like it all but the gnome border print is so cute. I am a big fan of Fig Tree. Most of my things are a bit bolder, but the fig tree fabrics just pull me in for some reason.

West Michigan Quilter said...

You find the most interesting fabrics! Love the kitchen print.

Laurel H. said...

Great fabrics; I just love that gnome fabric!

Red Geranium Cottage said...

I love that gnome fabric. Can I ask where you got it. I'd love to have some. It's adorable!!!!

antique quilter said...

adorable fabric as usual!!!!! you find the greatest fabrics! The clock fabric certainly got my attention!!!!
do we ever have enough time?
good luck with your magazine submissions....and can't wait to see your quilts in the magazines!
kathie

Thimbleanna said...

Mrs. Hive! Looks like you've been good and busy while I've been gone! Sadly, I don't even remember the RJR booth while I was at market -- we were SO busy -- I totally didn't expect that. I love the new fabric and your sweet accessories!!!

Candace said...

Love the retro fabric, Nanette! Reminds me of fabric I saw in the late 60's when in college - I think I may have made curtains out of something similar to the gnomes for my college apartment!
Cheers!

Rae Ann said...

Love all of your fabric as usual! I can't wait to see Allison in the cute little outfit that you are going to make for her.