Thanksgiving is coming.....

25 comments
I have my entryway set up with my favorite fall quilt that I usually hang at Thanksgiving. I really love that novelty print in the border. It is my VERY favorite vintage fabric. Front and center on the side board is my "Hall's" pitcher. Freda, my mom, had a few Hall's pieces that we used at Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter and other holidays or when guests ate at our home. Seeing that fall dish pattern makes me almost smell turkey baking. I'm pretty excited to have all the family home at least for some or most of next week. That doesn't happen all that often anymore. It is a time to celebrate. We love Thanksgiving. Speaking of family..............I had to sneak one more pic of Allison in. Since she was at our house last week we have a bunch. That girl is on the move. You can see my little retro children's china hutch in the background.

-nanette

PS: I decided every quarter or so I have to get my Google Reader to 0. Yesterday was that day. Going into the holidays I know it will fill right up and I won't get it back to 0 until next year. Thanks blog friends for being patient with me.
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

25 comments

busyascanbe said...

I can't decide which is cutier ...the quilt or Allison... she is so darling! sounds like she kept you busy.

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

Love that quilt, and Allison is just getting prettier and prettier!

Nedra said...

Look how big Allison is getting! You are the queen in finding beautiful vintage fabrics.

Sherri said...

I. Just. Adore. This. Quilt!!!!!!! (And Allison is just adorable too)!

Rumi said...

What a happy little quilt. I like the border fabric too.

Allison is quite a cutie!

Staci said...

What a little sweetheart! She must bring so much joy with her!

Your quilt is pretty cute, too!

Lynn said...

Love the quilt. Isn't it fun to get our seasonal quilts out, like old friends come to visit. What a cutie pie!

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Oh your entryway is always so nice. and that little Allison is such a sweetie pie!

Annette said...

That is a great way to use a beloved fabric...put it in the border instead of cutting it all up into little pieces. I will remember that. Allison is so sweet!

Sandi Linn Andersen said...

Cute pic of Allison and that little jumper she's wearing is adorable! I love the beads she's wearing.....so fashionable. :-)

Sandi Linn Andersen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
A Plain Path said...

Love the quilt and Allison is so beautiful. Thanks for sharing your joy with us!

Thimbleanna said...

I love Thanksgiving too! Allison looks like she's having a wonderful time at Grandma's!

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Your fall quilt is adorable and so is Allison!

Vicki said...

adorable quilt, and Allison looks so sweet. Will you share how you hang up your quilts?

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Lovely quilt...can't believe November is half over...I'm not ready for December!!

John'aLee said...

Oh what a little sweetie! Darling quilt too!

Brandie said...

I love that quilt! That border fabric is the best! Happy Thanksgiving!

em's scrapbag said...

Allison is getting so big. What a fun time. I love your dishes quilt.

Lori Holt said...

Hi there:)
Allison is just adorable and having a good time at grandma's!
Your Thanksgiving dishes quilt is sooo vintagey cute and I love the photo!
xx
lori

Kim D. said...

Pretty quilt, love that border fabric too Nanette. Allison is growing up fast. She's a doll.

pratima said...

It is a wonderful quilt and my jaw dropped when I first saw how perfect the border fabric is and to top it off, it's in your favorite color...perfect!!!
Allison is adorable and seem to be having lots of fun on her visit :-)

Momoo said...

It's neat that you change your quilt by the entrance each season and have neat memories to go with each. Allison just keeps getting cuter.

hetty said...

Cute quilt, but an even cuter Allison!

Valerie C. said...

Love that vintage fabric...the whole quilt is just perfect! And so is that adorable baby! : )