Fabric Friday - Domestic Fabric - and Happy Mother's Day Weekend

35 comments
First off - Thanks so much for the thoughtful comments on my Stash Manicure post from yesterday. I can't respond to many of them directly because I don't get those comments as emails to me but I have read them all and you girls are too nice. I really wish I could invite you all into my sewing room. I'd put you to work but we would have a nice time together. We have so much in common. Thank you.

Today for fabric Friday I thought I'd feature some some domestic fabric that I'm in love with as opposed to showing Japanese made fabric, vintage fabric, or just off beat fabric that I find and that most people can't get.
There is a new line of fabric called 1933 by Chloe's Closet for Moda. I recently acquired 3 of the prints in this line, my favorites of the line. This yellow is adorable and reminds me of the Japanese made reproduction fabrics.
This is my favorite in the 1933 line. This small red print is incredibly cute and even cuter in person.
This red with tiny tiny cherries is also very sweet and goes with so many of the fabrics I already have.
I really like fruit prints and strawberry prints are my favorite of the fruits. This Robert Kaufman fabric has been out for a while, but again reminds me of some of the harder to find Japanese prints. Look how cute that little flower/blossom is. This just reminds me of picking strawberries at a farm near Morgantown, PA with my mom each summer when I was a kid.
This is a strange sized precut from Windham. The cuts here are 5" instead of the traditional jelly roll 2 1/2" so really you can get 2 jelly rolls out of this if you cut it in half. I love the tiny prints in this line.
Here is the line as shown at Fat Quarter Shop. We are having a family girl retreat in September and we are going to make the quilt from the Jelly Roll Quilt-A-Long because it is a great quilt for any level from beginner to advanced. I'm going to half this roll with my sister, Polly, if she wants to use it. We both like tiny prints and this one is really sweet. I may change my mind, you know how that goes. But I do really think this would make a great jelly roll quilt.

Have a great Mother's Day weekend everyone. I hope weather is cooperative. Mothers teach us all we know.

-nanette
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

35 comments

Mary said...

Thank you for the inspiration.I love the 30's fabric. I am making the Farmers Wife quilt out of 30's. I am a little more then half way done and love how it looks. Love to read your blog.

em's scrapbag said...

Thes are such sweet fabrics.

Annette said...

Oh wow! I love those Hankie Club fabrics. So sweet. I need to keep my eye out for some. Happy Mother's Day to you.

Messy Karen said...

Hankie Club is going to make a sweet quilt. and is going to be a favorite family memory for you. i hope my shop carries it so i can buy a few pieces.

Lori Holt said...

Hi Nanette...
You won't even believe this(of course you will)
but a couple of weeks ago I was at Material Girls
when she got they whole line of Chloes Closet in...
The prints you showed are the ones I got cut first!
It's a great line...she also has the jelly rolls and
charm packs.
I didn't see your post at stash manicure...
I'll hop over and check it out now.
Happy Mothers Day Nanette!
x
Lori

Sandi Linn Andersen said...

Fun fabrics as always! There are just so many cool fabrics out there. The designs are endless!! Happy Mother's day to you, too. My mother taught me all the basics of sewing and I loved it then, love it now.I know that I am blessed that we can still enjoy sharing stitching projects together. The photo of your mom on your beehive quilt is a treasure. :-)

Sandi Linn Andersen said...

Fun fabrics as always! There are just so many cool fabrics out there. The designs are endless!! Happy Mother's day to you, too. My mother taught me all the basics of sewing and I loved it then, love it now.I know that I am blessed that we can still enjoy sharing stitching projects together. The photo of your mom on your beehive quilt is a treasure. :-)

Jan said...

Such beautiful fabrics Nanette and I loved seeing the picture of your Mom. What a beautiful lady :) Happy Mother's Day my dear ... may the day and all your beautiful kids treat you w/an abundance of kindness!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Love the fabric and can't wait to see what you will create with them! Happy Mothers Day Nanette, you look just like your sweet Mother!

strawberrycream39 said...

Nanette, I LOVE those 30s fabrics. OK, another fabric purchase is in my near future! Can we ever have enough??

I read your Stash Manicure post yesterday, and I love your sewing room. It looks pretty neat to me! I know I've told you before but I adore your taste!

Sharleen said...

I love all the fabrics you show and the projects and the pictures. Visiting your blog is like a breath of fresh air. Sometimes I just stop by to browse when I haven't had enough of my own sewing time. Thank you.

sallgood said...

Loved your stash/studio post! And Happy Mother's Day to you too!!

alobsiger said...

Have a VERY Happy Mother's Day, Nanette!!

Julie said...

I love the log cabiny qukit behind your mother's picture...did you make it? Does if have a pattern name I could find?

Momoo said...

Happy Mother's Day! And for the first year...Happy Grandmother's Day :)
I like the way you displayed your mother's picture, I think you resemble her.

Micki said...

What gorgeous fabrics, and Happy Mother's Day to you!
Micki

Siddis back home said...

Wonderful fabrics! Happy Mother's day !

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Love the Hankie Line. Enjoy your first Mother's Day as a grandma!

michelle said...

Hi Nan, I like your new header on the blog. I got my eat CAKE done last week and love it. It is being displayed on my kitchen island. Thanks again for your sweet gift. I just made rolls and some of the kids are coming tonight so I will get to use it. You are the best. Happy Mothers Day.

sewtakeahike said...

Happy mother's day to you Nanette! I've been eyeing that 1933 by Chloe's closet too, imagine that :)

pratima said...

The colors are so soft and the fabrics are pretty. Thank you for the info on windham collection. I'm loving those vintage looking prints. Definitely going to get some :D
Have a wonderful Mother's day weekend :-)

Sherry said...

Love all these fabrics. I've had my eye on that 1933 line too. :) Happy Mothers Day Nanette!

Kim D. said...

Love those 1933 Chloe's fabrics, such pretty colors. Have a lovely Mother's Day!!

Pat said...

Happy Mother's Day to you, too!!! (And now one of your daughters is a mom, also!!! Happy First Mother's Day to her!)

Sherri said...

I can't wait to see the Chloe's Closet fabrics in person...love your photos! Happy Mother's Day Weekend!

Janet said...

As always, I love seeing the prints you choose. I love the strawberries best of all. Have the best mothers day ever.

Julie said...

Happy Mother's Day! I hope you have a very nice day. Julie

Wendy said...

Those are such sweet and happy fabrics. You are going to have so much fun with them.
Happy Mother's Day to you.

dokiquilts said...

i always look forward to what you put up for Fabric Friday! and also love your stash manicure post--it was so much fun to see your stash! hey--i used to be a librarian--can i apply for the job to manage your stash?! i'll work for fabric :-)

Thimbleanna said...

Great fabrics, as always Nanette! I tried to comment on Stash Manicure, but it's one of those troublesome blogs for me that won't take my comment. I loved reading your storage insight -- if only I could get you to come over and organize my mess for me!

Gene Black said...

Great fabrics. Just so you know, that strange 5" cut is the size of a Moda "dessert roll"
It is listed on the Moda Bake Shop under "Weights and measures."

tyssea said...

see heretry here imp sourceWeb Site find thisnavigate to these guys

Unknown said...

m5f39q1d08 g5c99b8i86 i4a86q4u04 k3l93g5s22 d3o84n4q68 g9i29e3i88

Unknown said...

Read More Here j3j04v8v48 gucci replica handbags replica bags wholesale india check this link right here now y4q33o6o83 replica louis vuitton handbags replica bags uk pop over to this website c4j24f3a21 gucci replica handbags replica bags uk