But when it comes time to putting the arcs into blocks that will end the boring time and start the scary time. I'm going to need a helping hand to get this altogether. I took the directions with me to read before church started yesterday and I get what I'm supposed to do next but that doesn't mean it will be easy or I'll be able to do it without some help.
I have 25 pairs or 50 single arcs completed. I like them. I like looking at them. I find the shape and multi fabrics very pleasing. But this means that I have 46 more arcs to make if I follow the pattern size. I don't think I want this quilt to be 93X102 though, that is too big for me and paper piecing!
I think this is my favorite one so far. The prints and colors just make a pleasing combination.
I used 3 different foundation papers because I didn't know which one to choose. I liked using the wash away type to sew on the most. Compared to the velum and thin paper it just was so much easier to use and press against.So I tore away the velum and thin paper from the back of those arcs but now I'm stuck with the wash away paper still attached to the others. I don't want to piece the quilt together with this material attached to just some of the blocks, but I also don't want to wet it down to get rid of it, especially since not all the blocks are made with the same paper. I looked for instructions with the wash away paper but it didn't really give guidance.
I have figured out that it helps to have my mini mat and an extra rotary cutter right on my sewing table to use as I construct. Nedra helped me realize that made things go quicker.
So in between other projects, I'll be sewing more arcs. I just can't see me making 46 more. Whew.