Jelly Roll-A-Long Blocks so far

14 comments
One thing I forgot to mention yesterday about the Jelly Roll-A-Long challenge is the prizes. There is a prize attached to completing each block for one lucky quilter.

Freda's Hive gets to supply the prize that goes along with week six. I cut some of the fabrics into squares that are currently on my table.

Here is the fan pic of the 5" squares that will be a prize given at Konda's blog. So here are pics of my blocks so far. Block 1.Block #2
Block 3
Block 4. Okay, on this block I changed up the orientation of the light steps in this block. Originally the block was vertical but I do think it is more striking laid out like this.
Block 5
And block 6 and . . .
another block 6, just for fun.

I'm looking forward to seeing other blocks made by those following the Jelly Roll-A-Long.

-nanette

Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

14 comments

Sandi Linn Andersen said...

These are going to look great when sewn into the full quilt top. Any thoughts yet on whether you will sash them or just sew the blocks together in order made?

Thimbleanna said...

I love your fabric choices Nanette. Especially that little fussy-cut birdie on block 5!

Dresden Quilter said...

It is going to be fun making your blocks. I love your fabrics - so bright and cheerful.

Julie said...

You get so much done--let me in on your secret. I feel like I spin wheels a lot. I love your work. Have a super day!! Julie

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

Your blocks are gorgeous! Do you think I'd get more done if I actually did it instead of just reading about how you other ladies are doing it?? ;) Can't help it, I just have to check in and see what you're doing!!

Nedra said...

You keep inspiring me to just get going! This week, I promise!
Today I went to my ward sewing group and one of the ladies was working on All Dressed Up. When I told her it was designed by my friend she mentioned how much she would love to meet you. So the next time you are in St. G I will arrange for her to meet the famous Nanette!

Darlene said...

Very sweet block and fabric, Nanette.

flora said...

block 6/7 is in an old book i have with antique quilts. I have been making them as Bonnie's leaders and enders out of last year's civil war exchange. Have to show you. How are you anyway?

Jeni said...

just cant wait to see..end result..you have me thinking about do squares like this mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Jenny said...

I love the red & blue mixed together.

Kim D. said...

Your blocks are wonderful and love your fabric choices. It's going to be a beautiful quilt.

Rae Ann said...

I love your blocks Nanette! Your's is especially cute! I am going to play in my quilt room and make me one today.
I need to ask... is there an
"oopsie" on block #2 or is that they way you wanted it to be for a different look? The yellows should all be on the outer edge. It looks good either way!

Mel said...

Your fabrics continue to amaze and cheer me!!

Simone de Klerk said...

I LOVE your JRS block! It is so you. Thank you for the wonderful pattern, Nanette. And, I love your fifth block! Haven't made mine yet, but seeing this, I think I will soon have to make it (: