Make It Do - Calli's Blog

22 comments
Today my friend Calli at the "Make it Do" blog is featuring my tutorial for embellishing dish cloths. It's an oldie but I think it is a goodie. Callie is out of town this week and has a guest post everyday for the week. And today I'm her guest and she's posting (or better said pre-posted) a simple idea for a gift or to make something pretty for ourselves.

I have to tell you about Callie. I've talked about her before but she is really an amazing young mom. We even have things in common. She lives in my little town. She learned to sew and quilt from her mother Leslie (a pal of mine) and she has twin girls - just like me. We both like to do things ourselves and try to create a home where we teach our children to work and learn to "make do" with simple things. Callie's blog is really a favorite of mine because she's great with the camera, clever, and every post is packed with practical solutions to life's daily tasks.
And I admire her mother Leslie so much. Leslie is among other things, a pattern designer along with her friend Norma. Great gals. Their patterns are sold here at "Remember When Pattern Company".
So if you're smart you'll bookmark Calli's blog "Make It Do" and visit her often, starting today.
You can find the tutorial on my side bar but come along with me to Calli's and see what she has to say and show about dish towel making.


edit: I can hardly wait for Spring Market to begin (counting down) and finally be able to talk about my quilt and accessories in the RJR booth! I'm dying to show pictures to you. Stay tuned.

-nanette

Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

22 comments

Sandi Linn Andersen said...

Cute towels, Nanette! I'll be looking for your quilt when I'm at Market. :-)

Abby and Stephanie said...

Nothing cuter than a tea towel with tea pots and rick rack.

Lynne (Lily's Quilts) said...

I've been over there and those tea towels are just so pretty. Mine are all grey and old and horrible and I was going to buy some pretty new ones to hang from the Aga (and no-one is allowed to actually use them, just look at them) but now I'm going to copy you and make some. I bought some Amy Butler LOVE today and, if I can bear to cut into it, the spots would make a gorgeous tea towel binding.

Di~ said...

I do! enjoy Calli's blog, all because of you mentioning her before. She is impressive!

Kim D. said...

Those are adorable towels Nanette.. Love the addition of the rick rack, so cute.

Lori Holt said...

Hi Nanette...
I love Calli's blog too she is a clever and talented girl....and I have also known her mom Leslie for a very long time....clear back to when she was at Gentler Times quilt shop.
I love that Leslie taught her how to sew, cook and make do just like you have taught your daughters and I am trying to teach Kassidy.
Maybe Kass will grow up and do a fun blog like Calli is!
What a great idea she had to use your dishtowel tute.
I'm excited to see all of your market pics!
TTYL...
lori

Pat said...

What cute towels. I'll check out Calli's blog (like I need yet ANOTHER blog on my list to read each day.....LOL) Can't wait to see the super-secret quilt soon!!!

West Michigan Quilter said...

Love your towels. They are so cute. What a great idea. Thanks for the link. I'll have to check out Calli's blog.

Nedra said...

I follow Calli's blog, and it was so fun to see you as the guest this morning! What a great combination to put you two together. Love her mother and Norma too. So much talent among you ladies!

amy smart said...

I feel so lucky to have met Calli! I used to take classes from Norma and Leslie at Gentler Times around the time Calli had her twins. I love Leslie and Norma and feel so lucky to know Calli too! Great (and uber-talented) people!

Just like you, Nanette! Can't wait to see your Market Goodies!

em's scrapbag said...

I have to admit I.love your dish towels. They make great gifts.

Barb said...

Love your dish towels! Have fun at Quilt Market...can't wait to see your quilt.

Unknown said...

I am dying to see the pictures!! Hurry, hurry! In the meantime, I just love your tutorial on Callie's blog. A great way to dress up the dish cloths. And they make a great gift!

Angie said...

Cute!!

Mimi Sue said...

Cute towels. They'll make great gifts. Mimi

Janet said...

They are wonderful, but they put mine plain old ones to shame. Fabulous idea for gifts, everyone needs dishtowels.

Linda said...

Cute towels! My sister and I made some years ago and now you have inspired me to make some more! They make great gifts. I love your blog. I am new to blogging and gals like you inspire me! Keep it up!!

Mel said...

GREAT and easy tutorial! Thanks for directing me over there!

pratima said...

Nanette, these tea towels are adorable. The tea pots and cups look so cute.
I'm eagerly waiting for the pictures of RJR booth to pop-up ;)

sewtakeahike said...

these are sew, sew cute Nanette! those little teapots/teacups rock!

Calli Makes Do said...

Nanette, you are so kind, I am overwhelmed. Thank you for sharing your wonderful talents on my blog, the tutorial was perfect. Thank you mostly for all the encouragement and support, it means so much. -Calli

prashant said...

Cute towels,
post free classifieds