Girls and Gifts

20 comments

Time is always a problem for me. With my big family, job, hobbies, home and everything else I juggle I have a hard time fitting in fun things I want to do with tasks I need to do or must do. But when the opportunity rises, it is hard to say no to a quilt shop meeting with the girls. Isn't that clock stitchery above fantastic.
Last week I met my friends at Material Girls to catch up and look around at Nadine's. It is always fun to get together and look at fabric and talk about our latest projects.
Judi, Me, RaeAnn, Jodi and Lori in the back room of Material Girls. Nadine is taking the photo. Jodi came from Washington on vacation and arranged to meet us. Not pictured is Kim, who came a bit later.
We have a "terrible" habit of exchanging sweet gifts. This one is from Jodi. Jodi and I have been blog friends for more than 3 years or so but met for the first time this week.
Jodi is always full of great ideas. She is a fantastic photographer and quilter. These are cards that combine the two. At the bottom left edge of the photo is a sweet custom charm pack.
Kim is someone that does everything better than most everyone, including me. I admire her so much, and I always have.She made me this sweet bird, gave me the pattern, a treat and look at the beaded scissors charm. I love it and it has my initial on it.
RaeAnn is a sweetheart. She always makes me feel included and special.
Wonderful treats from RaeAnn. You may know RaeAnn from her other blog Stash Manicure.
Then there is Lori. Did you see her tutorial/giveaway on her blog for this great pincushion she gave me.

Thanks girls for all the gifts/treats. I love them. We are all really busy women. So time is important to all of us. But whenever we can we squeeze in a visit together, we try. Sherri is going to be in town this week so we'll see if we can swing a visit.

-nanette
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

20 comments

Nedra said...

Love these ladies. I am so glad you could slip away for a few hours to join them. I really wish I could have stayed in town and met Jodi also. We tried to connect here in St. G, but I ended up being out of town on the day she drove through. Hopefully next time.

karen @ badlandsquilts said...

What a fun time, it certainly is hard to fit it all in a day...

Browndirtcottage said...

First...I'm jealous of that wonderful quilt shoppe you all get to visit!!! Second...I'm jealous of all those sweet cutie pie goodies your friends gifted you with!!! AND Third...AND MOST IMPORTANT...I'm w-a-y jealous of that GOOD company you are keeping!!!

Angie said...

That was so sweet. You have some very sweet friends. Nice that you could get away and enjoy your time with them. :0)

Brandie said...

That is a great clock pillow. Having fun with the girls is always a "good thing". We need those days to unwind.

Kaaren said...

I can't think of a better way to spend a day, Nanette...friends, surprise gifts and a quilt shop...heaven!

Thanks for sharing a bit of yours with us.

Carrie P. said...

What fun gifts. They are all so generous.

PamKittyMorning said...

I would love to meet up with you guys at Nadine's ! How fun!

Thimbleanna said...

Ha! This is what happens when you live in quilt shop mecca. Everyone comes to YOU. Looks like you had a wonderful time with some fabulous gifts!!!

Retrogirl said...

What a talented bunch! Sounds like a wonderful day, Nanette. Thanks so much for sharing.
All my best, Heather

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

How wonderful that you had a chance to spend time with like-minded friends. And great gifts like those just make it that much better. But you didn't show what you gave, and I know that was special, too!

Little Lady Patchwork said...

What an awesome group of ladies and so many awesome gifts. Too hard to pick a favorite!

XOXO,
Stefanie

pratima said...

What a fun day out with friends! It is refreshing to take a break from everything and spend some time with dear ones from time to time. All the presents are very sweet! The clock pillow is so cute!

Julia said...

What a fun time,how great it is to meet up with lovely friends like this..Everything looks lovey...yumm all that chocolate and fabric is to die for..
Julia ♥

Pat said...

Now you girls amaze me.....you ARE all busy but yet you get together at least a few times a year, it seems. AND....with all your activities, you still find time to make nice gifties for each other (and are making multiples of them each time you do them). How DO you find the time to do that??? Like I said...I am amazed every time I see photos of your get-togethers and the gifts you exchange!

Sherri said...

Can't wait to see you...not sure how my e-mail is working since I'm using another computer...what a fun time you had!

Rae Ann said...

What a fun time we all had together! I loved seeing you Nanette... even if it was for a short time. You brighten the room where ever you go. That is what I love about you! See you soon!

julieQ said...

Seems like those moments with the special ladies in our lives fulfill something needed in our souls...glad you had a wonderful time!

Candace said...

We all need a day like that, Nanette, sometimes no matter what else needs to be done! What a wonderful picture of you all - and how nice to meet Jodi in person!
Cheers!

*karendianne. said...

Oh Nanette this is a wonderful post so full of joyful happy things. It's a post that sets the example for friendship, caring and giving. Your heart is so rich with love as well as creativity and I'm always so, so happy to see you! You have the most delightful, pure, warmest way about you. I'm sending a loving hug because that's how you make me feel. Like I want to just give you a hug and be around you and all your talent and goodness! See, all these goodies you shared and your friends you get to be with are just extensions of that heart!