Bee in my Bonnet Circle Template Rulers

14 comments
I really love templates and rulers.  So I was very excited to get the scoop on Lori's new set of circle rulers put out by Riley Blake. Lori has 3 sizes of rulers:  these circles, thimbles and half hexis.  It is exciting to have circles that you can actually use with a rotary cutter.
Above are the circle rulers in 4 sizes, perfect for using with precuts or just about anything.  I was lucky to get an advance issue of them (so excited).  You can buy them from local fabric stores starting soon or from Fat Quarter Shop here.  You can read all about how Lori is using them in this blog post on Bee in my Bonnet.  I have lots of ideas for using all the circles in future projects.  I like how they are ruled in quarters.  Lori has just opened an Etsy shop and you can get her patterns and rulers there, too (have you seen her new scissors pattern?  sew cute)
I met with Lori for lunch a couple weeks ago and we discussed my new pattern with Pam Kitty Morning fabric that I'm currently working on.  Lori and I talked about an idea with both had.  She gave me this sweet bag made from her fabric, the thick linen cloth, and stamps and pad to use on fabric.
Using Lori's method she describes in this post tutorial, I got to work this past weekend using the smallest of the circle ruler/template. I followed Lori's idea and method to use in my new project with fabric squares and light weight non-fusible interfacing.
The smallest circle fits inside a 2 1/2" square just perfectly with seam allowance to spare. 
I traced the circle and stitched the fabric to the interfacing.  I trimmed my circle leaving the seam allowance, slit the interfacing and turned and pressed my circles.
This is the latest block for my Pam Kitty Love fabric quilt:  Big button cards.  The circles applique perfectly to look like covered buttons and the stamps identify the button cards with whimsy.   I'm really having fun using the circle ruler and the stamps together.  I want to do more with both of them.  I can't wait to use the larger sizes.  Thanks Lori and Riley Blake.

-nanette
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

14 comments

Brandie said...

Those are Sew cute!

Lori Holt said...

I'm so glad you're having fun with the circle rulers and the stamps!....I just knew you would love them.
The button cards turned out sew cute:)

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

Yay for new toys! Looks like they all work really well. You girls are so creative and you seem to spark each other's creativity - always a good thing!

PamKittyMorning said...

Super cute! That Lori is so clever with her rules!

Darlene said...

Very, very cute. I'm anxiously waiting for Lori's rulers - I must own them ALL. :-)

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Very fun button blocks Nanette!

Sherri said...

The blocks are adorable! I think a circle ruler will be a great tool to have!

Connie said...

Something new to love. Circles, stamps and fabric! Oh my!

Connie said...

Something new to love. Circles, stamps and fabric! Oh my!

Connie said...

Something new to love. Circles, stamps and fabric! Oh my!

dream quilt create said...

I can hardly wait to get a set of my own! Will have to set some sewing goals for the new year :)

Nedra said...

Anytime you and Lori get together and combine your brain power, I know the end result is going to be awesome! Love the button cards, and her new templates.
Do you guys still meet at Food For Thought in Draper?

Thimbleanna said...

Those little button cards are adorable Nanette! You always have the cutest ideas!

pratima said...

Adorable button cards, Nanette! you come up with the cutest ideas! these circle templates are awesome!