Have you met my friends?

15 comments
You know I've been blogging for 5 years now.  Hard to believe.  I've come to enjoy a whole community of quilters and friends that exchange ideas and so much more together.  Some of them I've become sweet online friends with, some of the bloggers I've met, and some of them I consider best friends.  I know a lot of you are familiar with many of those friends but I want to talk a little more about these 3 today.  All the of the 3 are really giving, lovely women.
I received a surprise package from my friend Pratima toward the end of the summer.  She's the kindest person and so supportive of me and has been for years.  She's really coming into her own stride with creating masterpiece quilts and designing fabric.  Pratima sent me this fabric she designed through Spoonflower.  You can go visit it at her Spoonflower profile here.   It really reminds me of her, it follows a theme, is beautiful in color ranges and the design is simple but so pretty.  
She also sent me some great little Gap dresses for Lizzy and Allison.  This is Allison wearing hers a couple months ago when we had green grass and sunshine. I love the polka dots and both of the girls look so cute in their dresses.   I kept telling Allie not to get oreo on that dress.  Thank you Pratima for always being so thoughtful and supportive.
You must must must go to her blog Lakumuki and take a look at the story of her basket quilt.  It is quite easily an heirloom and tells the story of a newly wed couple and things they might like to enjoy.  You have to go look at the detail in Pratima's quilt.  That is where the story of the baskets opens up.  I just love it.
Most of you know Lori Holt.  We are having lunch today at our favorite spot.  She gave me this little charming stacker the last time we got together.  I haven't been able to do more than just enjoy looking at it yet.  Lori showed her latest quilts and ideas at Quilt Market last week.  Go over to Lori's blog and look at her market pics that our good friend PamKittyMorning took for her.  I've been seeing the scissors quilt in market reports all over the blog town.   I love my stacker Lori.  Thank you.
Sandi is another good friend and has a blog called A Legacy of Stitches.  My favorite feature on Sandi's blog is "what's on the line?" where she talks and shows vintage and new quilts.  Fabulous.   Sandi is another one of those friends that serves others and is thoughtful and insightful.  Recently she sent me a Pick-You-Up box with fun things for Allison, Lizzy and me.
The box arrived full of wonderful things and so close to Allison's birthday that she thinks she has an Auntie Sandi who often sends wonderful surprises.  Allison shared this book of sounds with Lizzy.  It was cute.
Allison thinks Elmo is her boyfriend.  She's pretty tickled Sandi knows that and indulges her that way.
There were lots of fun art supplies and projects for the holidays for Allison to do.  She sits at the little picnic table in my kitchen and enjoys creative time.
Sandi knows both Allison and I have a sweet tooth so there were treats for both of us.  And this perfect shade of polka dot fabric in a lovely color to go with a quilt I'm making for one of my daughters.  That hot chocolate is good!!
The funniest thing in Sandi's box was this sticker set that say "Prisoner of a Fabric Shop...Don't Send Help!".  Too funny.

Go take a few minutes and meet my friends, if you haven't already.  And if you have met them, go see what they are doing lately.  They all 3 inspire me.  Thanks so much girls.

-nanette
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

15 comments

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

I know two of your sweet and thoughtful friends Nanette and I'm off to "meet" the third. Quilters are the best.

Lynn said...

What a lovely post. That basket quilt is exquisite. Later today, I'm going to visit all three. Lunch with Lori Holt, it sounds like a quilter's dream!
Enjoy your lunch!

Unknown said...

Heirloom is made for sure! Love the story of the quilt! Having just been to Gees Bend, I honestly didn't see anything as lovely as what you do even the simple designs. Lori Holt and you having lunch? Oh my envy is showing. The kids continue to grow, send clothes!

trish said...

You are indeed a blessed lady to have such sweet and caring friends. Have a wonderful day out with Lori. Wish I could meet up with the two of you! :o)

Glenna @ Hollyhock Quilts said...

What special friends! You deserve them, Nanette. I know you are as good a friend to them as they are to you.

pratima said...

Thanks so much for your sweet words, Nanette! I am the lucky one to have your friendship and gain so much inspiration from your creativity! Allison looks adorable in her polka dot frock! Have a wonderful lunch with your friend!

life in red shoes said...

Tender mercies, that's what this brings to mind.
I am a firm believer of women helping and supporting one another. It really is a sisterhood :)

dream quilt create said...

I know Lori really well (she is my quilting idol), I know Pam Kitty from her blog and didn't know Pratima. Her basket quilt is really incredible! Quilters do make the best friends :)

Lori Holt said...

Awww...thanks Nanette. I feel so lucky to have found a friend in you!
It was really nice to catch up on everything yesterday...thanks again for the buttons..they are just as cute as you are:)

Sandi Linn Andersen said...

What a surprise! I have been so busy the last few days that I haven't had time to read any blogs. I shared a block over at Quilting Gallery, then set up all the goodies for a silent Auction at church and today was a day out with quilty friends, Laura and Sharon! Having a cup of cocoa and catching up and just loved it when I read this post. I love the pic of Allison and the Elmo bag and she is adorable in the little dress from Pratima. Her basket quilt is gorgeous!! I have a stack of Lori Holt's fabrics in pinks and one of these days they will become something! And the other thing that will happen one of these days..............going to meet you in person! It will happen! Even though we haven't met, it feels like we have!! Ha ha ......those stickers were sent to me by Anett in Oregon. I have shared some with readers and thought you might get a chuckle out of them. Glad you did. :-)

Thimbleanna said...

You're such a sweetheart, it's not surprise that you have friends all over. Off now to read about that basket quilt....

Michele said...

Aren't blog friends the best? Thanks for the introduction to some of your friends.

mary-myneedlethead.blogspot.com said...

The basket quilt is beautiful! Quilting friends are the best, Hugs, Mary

Md Raju said...

I just found your blog and want to say thank you ! It is really nice post thanks for sharing and just keep up the good work !


Stlouisrams |greenbaypackers | philadelphiaeagles | pittsburghsteelers | newyorkgiants | chicagobears | miamidolphins | baltimoreravens

Weaveron Textile said...

this is nice idea...
click on http://www.weaveron.com/