Freda's Beehive Quilts

16 comments
At the end of September my sisters and nieces came to my house for our little yearly quilt retreat.  Several of them finished their 2012 project, which were from my Freda's Beehive quilt pattern.  The tutorial for the blocks is here.  It is really wonderful to see my family making quilts together.  It gives me so much satisfaction to see the finished products.  I know Freda would approve.
This large version is my sister Michelle's quilt.  It is queen sized and I think she's going to put it on her bed up at the ranch in Wyoming.  It really turned out so beautifully.  
Eagle Mountain Quilting did  the edge-to-edge machine quilting.  I really love how it goes with the beehive theme of the quilt.
You can see the pattern better on the back of the quilt -  the hives, bees and honey pot pattern stitched all over the quilt.  Super cute.
This is my sister Polly's table topper.  I think she did a great job.
This one is my niece Tricia's table topper.  She may end up hanging it on the wall.  I stitched the binding on all 3 quilts so now they just have to hand stitch the binding to the backs of each quilt.  That makes for good hand work on a cool evening.  I hope they like how their quilts turned out.  I'm really proud of them.

-nanette
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

16 comments

Angie said...

They are all gorgeous, and the quilting is so so perfect. :) I am going to make me one of these, sooner rather than later---maybe a January project, hmmm?

Lori Holt said...

wow nanette...that quilting is amazing!
I'm glad you showed the back so we could see.
This quilt pattern is so cute.. I think it's really great that you all made one...i'm sure your mom is proud!

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

That must make you so proud to see your family all working away on your very own pattern. They all turned out so pretty, too!

Deborah said...

The quilts have such a lovely warmth about them. Very special........

Thimbleanna said...

Very fun Nanette! Do you have to bribe them to your retreat by promising binding LOL???

Lynn said...

What terrific quilts! How nice that you all share a love for quilting (well except for binding maybe).

Unknown said...

Oh those hives! I think of your mother when I see the hives. Amazing quilting for sure. Lots of patience there!
All those women creating! What a weekend.

Glenna @ Hollyhock Quilts said...

What a treasure! I know everybody had a great time making them.

circle r motel said...

The quilting is darling. Humm. Might have to send my table topper to get that same design on mine. I need to post my photo of my Freda's hive table topper. Thanks for sharing!

dream quilt create said...

The quilt is beautiful and what wonderful memories you are making :) I'm sure it is a tradition that will be carried on for years.

Niesz Vintage Home said...

What a talented family! They're beautiful. Love the beehive quilting design, too.

Kimberly :)

Anonymous said...

Very nice, thanks for the information.
Steph @ sewa mobil jakarta

michelle said...

Wow ! My quilt turned put beautiful. I am excited to see and touch it in person. A million thanks to you for sewing on the binding. You always get such with extra work. What would I do without a fabulous sister like you.

pratima said...

They are all beautiful and soothing to look at! Quilting is perfect!! Have a lovely weekend :)

Cheryl said...

Love them all and such beautiful quilting!!! Boy I have missed visiting your blog...so much to catch up on!

Diana Pike said...

Oh My Goodness. I love this quilt! I have some yellow, black and white fabrics that would loom great in this pattern. Yeah for deseret.