Stuff

19 comments
Update from photo on Halloween Day.
This is a photo of Lizzy on a blanket her mother had made for her.  Whitney purchased this really nice quality Moda houndstooth flannel from one of the Cotton Way lines.  She cut it to size, prewashed it, and then put the wrong sides together, zigzagged around the edges and then straight stitched about 4-5 lines diagonally across the fabric to keep it stable during use and so the 2 sides don't pull apart.
Whitney machine appliqued an L for super Lizzy on the blanket.  I just couldn't leave it alone with a rough edge so I chose a red dot for the binding and bound the blanket over the weekend.  I has really turned out to be an eye catcher and perfectly functional.  Like I said, the 2 sides of the blanket don't pull apart.  The fabric isn't pilling and it is warm and snugly for Lizzy.  I really like Whitney's idea of straight stitching through the 2 pieces to stabilize the blanket.  I want one for me!
We love the Philadelphia Eagles at my house.  And I mean love.  It has been a tough few seasons lately and Monday night's game seemed especially brutal.  We were especially pumped for a come-back.   We've had some very tough losses.  However, Allison doesn't seem to mind. She gets right into the spirit of game day with her jersey.  My daughter Jamie has taught her the Eagles fight song and Allison is heard to say "Go Eagles" at any point in any given day without prompting her.  We are able to smile through the worst loses when Allison is around to entertain.

-nanette
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

19 comments

~Niki~ said...

love the blanket! what a sweet baby! cute pics!

Anonymous said...

OH my goodness that is the sweetest little girl on that baby blanket , she is so adorable . God bless her and her sister too , she is such a cutie.

Lynn said...

I love that Moda fabric.
You have a lot to be proud of in this post, that beautiful blanket, the daughter who made it and of course that adorable happy baby on it. Oh and plus a budding football fan!

Mary said...

We are training our kids for our teams, too. Unfortunately my husband's team rings cowbells. Clangalangalang. Too many touchdowns and I get a headache LOL

Char said...

It's so sad! They are really hard to watch right now. Every week I'm so hopeful, but once the game gets started the hope fades fast! Maybe they can beat the Cowboys!

Farm Gate Creations Incorporating Hummingbird Quilting said...

Gorgeous blanket and two very adorable girls.

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

That is two beautiful granddaughters you have there! And how very clever of Whiteney to stabilize that blanket that way. Smart girl! I like your binding, too.

Linda K said...

E-A-G-L-E-S...... EAGLES!!!!!

Darlene said...

Sweet blanket and adorable little ones! You know I adore those two little girls. :-)

Thimbleanna said...

Haha -- everything is better with small children around! I love flannel blankets for babies and that one is SO cute!

em's scrapbag said...

Allison and Lizzy are so cute.

Glenna @ Hollyhock Quilts said...

Some sweet babies you have there! Lizzy's quilt is wonderful!!

pratima said...

Adding the red binding makes it a very cute and cuddly blanket, perfect for little Lizzy! Allison looks adorable in that outfit :)

Sandi Linn Andersen said...

Sweet pic of Lizzy. And Allison the Eagles Fan!! Too cute!

AnnieO said...

Super Lizzy! Look at all that pretty hair on her pretty head. Darling girls!

Corrie said...

Sweet sweet little girls! Looks like a good time.

Tracey M. said...

hands down my favorite picture of lizzy!

Sherri said...

Allison is the cutest Eagles fan ever!

Simone de Klerk said...

Lizzy looks so happy on her new blanket. Her smile steals my heart!