It's Christmas?

12 comments
I don't know about you, but with one thing and another, this time of year can put us completely on overload. I DVR'd Kelly and Michael Live and heard Kelly say she does her shopping in October.  Bravo Kelly.  But I've never been able to accomplish that.  I hit the off button.  One does not like hearing of others successes in the middle of a muddle. 
This terribly shot photo was taken just as I whisked away my stack of 3 finished quilt tops and backs to take to the machine quilter.  After meeting with her early this morning, I don't feel so bad for myself.  That is a woman with her hands full.  Literally. 
Oh my gosh, another bad photo.  Sorry.  Just a last peek at Pam Kitty Love "I Heart Buttons and Bows" before machine quilting.  I hate to part with it even for a week.   It is way cuter than this photo.
This is a recycled photo of my Christmas Tree banner taken years ago.  This is just to let you know it is not hung but it will be.  Soon.
If it wasn't for the help I get from my family, I wouldn't have my tree decorated, Christmas treasures out, and my kitschy wreath hung.  I love this wreath.  The cheap trinkets represent the joy of simple Christmas past.  And Oh!  Whitney cleaned my ovens in prep for holiday baking. That is a Christmas present for real.

I'll have my Christmas life together this weekend.  I have to.

-nanette
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

12 comments

Sandi Linn Andersen said...

I love that Christmas wreath!! I think I could make one with some of the ornaments I've collected at thrift shops. And just last weekend I passed up that choir boy ornament but I will stop at the antique shop and see if it is still there! Kudos to Whitney for the clean oven!! Definitely a great Christmas present!

Kaaren said...

Love that wreath, Nanette. I can recognize so many things from my childhood.

Of course you'll get it all together. Women work best under pressure and I've got complete faith in you to pull it all off...even with a little help from friends and family. *wink*

Merry Christmas to you and yours! May it be the best one yet!

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

You are doing great, Nanette! And what a wonderful daughter to do that least-liked chore! You have good kids!

CuteStuffInside said...

That wreath is perfect!

trish said...

Now that is the best Christmas present. :0)
A clean oven! Truly. I love that sort of thing. :0)

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

It takes a LONG time to create such a special wreath!

Nedra said...

Love your kitschy wreath. I remember when you made that. In fact, I learned the word Kitschy from YOU!

Sheila said...

LOVE that Christmas wreath!

Donna said...

Many years ago I would have made that wreath instead of cooking for the kids! Love it. You are smart to keep forever.

Lori Holt said...

I just love that wreath Nanette...isn't that the one you made last year?
So cute.
I'm trying to get my Christmas life together too!
PS...congrats on the clean oven:)

Thimbleanna said...

Yep -- I think this is the week when we all get our act together. Mine is slowly coming together. VERY slowly. Love that wreath!

Anonymous said...

You amaze me!! I would love to pop over for a "Freda's Hive Tour"...which I think you should offer on a weekly basis!! I love the wreath, love the sneak peeks of the quilts and love that you managed to clean your work room BEFORE Christmas!!! GOOD GOLLY GIRL!! I'm going to go look at the mess in my workroom...and think of you! xoxo, Nan