Weekend Report

15 comments
I had a very productive weekend.  My goal was to finish the 3 quilt tops I've been working on.  Well, 2/3 ain't bad, right?  In my defense, I ran out of fabric for one of them and I've been waiting for it to come in the mail.  I was expecting it Fri-Sat. but it didn't come, so for sure today.  Right?
This is one of the quilt tops I finished, Vintage Christmas.  My daughter said it looks like the Phillies and Eagles Christmas.  She's right.  I love it even more now.  Speaking of Eagles....the terrible losing streak was broken Sunday.  At least for now.  Not a great football year for us. Go Eagles.   Anyway I really like how my blocks worked out.  I had them all in order to sew into the sashing but somehow the order got mixed up while sewing.  It doesn't much matter, I think. 
Friday, Lori Holt and I had our Christmas lunch at Food for Thought in Draper.  It was fun as always.  Lori and I always exchange gifts.  And of course she trumped me.  Her packaging is always fun and fresh.
Lori gets gifts right.  The pink depression candy dish is super cute.  A girl always needs a little candy in the work room.  She filled it with special Christmas M&Ms (minty!) and included a hand made candy cane and a very cute gift tag that I will hang on my tree and then after Christmas hang in my sewing room.  Not pictured is the pattern Lori gave me for her stitching kit.  You can see it here.  I plan on making mine this summer and have some plans for it. Thanks so much Lori.  Love it all.
My gift is a little out of focus but I got Lori a pretty collapsible step stool with a fabric macaroon tied to it.  A fun gift, I think.
My most major accomplishment this weekend wasn't even the 2 quilt tops and backs I completed.  It was cleaning my sewing room.  I love a clean room with everything put in its place.  I had some time left over to cut out my mittens for the latest row in Lori's row-a-long here.  I really love this project and I'm happy when the new row comes out every other Wednesday.  I always look forward to it.

Hope for a happy sewing week.

-nanette
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

15 comments

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Your Vintage Christmas quilt is beautiful Nanette. It will be so fun to have out every year.

Darlene said...

I love your Vintage Christmas quilt - definitely vintage. Sheer perfection, Nanette.

I can only imagine how much fun it is to receive a gift from Lori. She is such a creative person with delightful style.

Staci said...

Love your version of the Christmas quilt, it is so nice!

Wow! You had a great play date with your friend! Bet she loved that step stool-- it is so cute!

I so agree with you-- CLEAN is the best! I've been cleaning, sorting and cleaning, too.

sewtakeahike said...

I love the vintage Christmas quilt, Nanette! The ornaments are adorable! I cleaned up my sewing room this weekend too! And I organized all my Lori fabrics into one place for easy access. How fun that you two had lunch :)

Dresden Quilter said...

I love your quilt!

Maxine said...

I love your quilt..also love to read your blog...You mentioned homemade candy cane, who made that? Both of you are so busy...Happpy Holidays!!

AnnieO said...

Out of original order or not, the ornaments look terrific in this quilt. I like your striped sashing too. What fun gifts you exchanged! The macaroon is totally unexpected.

Lori Holt said...

Hi Nanette..wow...you have the quilt top complete!
You are amazing.
Thanks again for the lovely gifts.
I love that you know that I am "vertically challenged" and so you bought me some "tallness" this year for Christmas...haha
And I am completely in love with the macaroon:)

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

Wow! Nanette, you got a LOT accomplished, and yeah, the cleaning of the sewing room has got to be the biggest. LOL Love the ornament quilt top. It is SO pretty, and how blessed you are to have such creative friends!

Glenna @ Hollyhock Quilts said...

It's all just so cute! Glad you girls had a good time. Great Christmas quilt!

PamKittyMorning said...

I think both gifts are cute. It sounds like you had a fun weekend. I have my mittens cut out as well. Also those leaves, I skipped them and have to backtrack!

Anonymous said...

Love your Vintage Christmas top! It turned out beautifully.

Nedra said...

I really like the sashing fabric you chose for your Christmas quilt. And what fun you and Lori always have together!

Thimbleanna said...

You Crack Me Up! How on earth, with a houseful of girls (sorry Mason!) did you get to be such a big football fan? I LOVE the sashing you used on your ornament quilt -- it's PERFECT!!!

Snickelfritz said...

I absolutely love that vintage Christmas quilt. And the colors! You inspire me to get cracking in my quilt shop and make more quilts.