Baby Quilt Top Done

23 comments
I'm super busy the next couple weeks so I'm posting ahead for the next while. I may not respond to all my comments and emails in a timely manner and I apologize for that.
Several months ago my friend Jan brought over a quilt kit for a baby quilt and asked me to sew it up for her. I'm just now getting around to making it (better late than never). The kit was one Jan purchased at the Quilting Cottage, a local shop, several years ago. Ironically it was me that cut the kit and wrote the simple instructions for the patchwork baby quilt for the Quilting Cottage back then. It seems like forever ago. The Quilting Cottage is in American Fork, Utah. No blog or online store for it. But it is a really cozy shop run by my friend Suzanne.
Anyway, I finally stitched up the patchwork blocks and added this center block with a little dress appliqued from my "All Dressed Up" pattern.
The border is a little girl and her frilly party clothes. It is cute fabric, but discontinued I'm sure. This print must be 5 years old or so.
I would normally have machine quilted it myself but unfortunately I don't have the time so she'll have to take it back to Quilting Cottage to have it quilted. The baby quilt really went together fast since it was mostly just simple patchwork. I know Jan is expecting 2 new grandchildren soon so she may need this.

-nanette
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

23 comments

Di~ said...

Two ladies in my quilt group just shopped at Quilting Cottage! They really liked it! I've never been there, I guess because they aren't on the quilt shop hop down there. Love your photo of the store, did you notice the yellow in the picture? Pretty!

Catsngrams said...

What a lovely quilt. Some lucky baby girl will love it I am sure.

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

You are such a good friend!! Love the added middle!

Lori Holt said...

Nanette...
That is so sweet. I really love that you added your signiture dress in the middle block...you are a good friend!

Nedra said...

I agree with Lori, what a good friend you are. Especially with all you have going on. Love the baby quilt.

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

Yes, you are a very good friend! And how fun to revisit a kit you had cut. Really pretty little quilt. I know the new mom will enjoy it.

Lynn said...

What a darling little baby quilt. love the fabrics - really cute!

Joanna said...

The quilt is so cute! I love the Quilting Cottage - it's just around the corner a bit from my MIL's house, and right next to the Senior Center where they have their quilt group meetings, so I have been there a lot! I'm sure I will frequent it again this Summer :)

Browndirtcottage said...

I.LIKE. Your little appliqued dress in the middle is j-u-s-t right said Goldilocks to the 3 bears when she was telling them about this quilt!!

Elizabeth said...

What a sweet quilt for a little girl! I absolutely love the dress fabric!! Nice job, Nanette.

Joy said...

Oh how gawjus!!! Love your sweet centre block, and the borders a adorable ... just perfect for a little girl.
Hugs,
Joy :o)

Elizabeth said...

What a fun, happy baby quilt. I miss Utah County and all the great quilt shops!

Calamity Jane's Cottage, Bonnie said...

Love the baby quilt and we'll be here when you get back, hope it's a good busy.

Unknown said...

What a terrific friend you are! Love the quilt and I am sure it will be loved. Hope your life settles down soon.

Pat said...

I wish I could visit Utah...so many great quilt shops AND so many great quilters (several of whom I have "met" through blogging). Love that little girl baby quilt!

Rae Ann said...

Nanette ~ The baby quilt is so adorable and how lucky that baby is to have a quilt made by you. How precious!
I love the dress block in the middle. It sets things off so nicely.
Be sure to stop by and enter my "Cutie Pinwheel Giveaway" if you get a chance!

Mel said...

SOOO charming!! It looks very Nanette!

Janet said...

What a sweet sweet quilt! Your fabrics are the best.

Kim D. said...

Very sweet, love your little dress pattern..

Elisabeth said...

I love that store! I went there a year and a half ago when Iwas in Ut- wish I could go back! I loved the one in Springville too. I'd move to Utah in a heartbeat just for the quilt shops!

pratima said...

Oh, that applique block in the center is so charming and makes for a lovely addition to go with that frilly frocks fabric. The colors are so pleasant and sweet!

Caro said...

What darling fabrics. Sometimes the simplist pattern is the best to showcase very cute fabrics.

Des said...

What a perfect centerpiece!!! I love it Nanette!