Utah Shop Hop Part III - Broadbents and Quilting Cottage

21 comments
Without Lori, Shop Hopping is just not the same. But still fun. I had a chance to dash into 3 more stores last week for a short stop. My first stop was Broadbent's in Lehi.
Broadbent's Quilting Chicks (their blog) are always fun to visit and ever helpful. I took a quilting question to Laurie and Laurel and of course they answered it fast. Thanks girls. Their Shop Hop quilt (above) is spectacular. Designed by Janice and sewn by Laurel, this is one unbelievable quilt. Look at all the detail. Look at the tiny pieces in the boarder. It is so amazing! As you can tell they were celebrating birthdays.
This corner of the shop showcases some of the amazing quilts made by the "chicks". They have so much talent there.
I loved the bags lining one side of the shop.
They have Emily's quilt in the corner by the door right next to the birthday tree. All shoppers wrote down their names and birth dates and tagged the tree.
I loved the little kitchen accessories hanging on the line above. As you can see, Broadbent's is also a General Store. But I think their quilt shop and fabrics are some of the best in Utah.
Next I went to see Suzanne, my old dear friend, at Quilting Cottage. Don't you love their welcome sign.
The thing I love the very most about Quilting Cottage is the selection of 30's. I never can leave without picking up at least a fat quarter or two. They have 30's I don't find anywhere else.
And it is always wonderful wonderful to enter a shop and see a quilt of mine hanging on the wall!
I could tell they put a lot of work into getting the shop all ready for the Hoppers. Every display was cute and fresh.

One more shop still to go!

-nanette
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

21 comments

Simone de Klerk said...

How I would love to see all those 30's fabrics!!!

Sherri said...

So fun to see all these pictures Nanette...love your quilt on the wall!

em's scrapbag said...

Thanks for the plug. I've enjoyed shop hopping vicariously through you. With youth conference I was too tired to add shop hop to the schedule.

Sandi Linn Andersen said...

Oh, how I would love to visit Broadbent's. It just sounds and looks like my kinda place. :-) Oh, wait, anyplace with fabric is "my kinda place!" LOL! Thanks for the great photos!

Abby and Stephanie said...

That cake quilt in the first photo is absolutely super cute.

Jandi said...

Thanks for sharing! I went to Broadbent's on Saturday to pick up some Best Press. I loved their shop hop quilt. Those are some talented chicks!

Vicki said...

looks like so much fun. I have to decide which quilt shops to visit when I come out to Utah this summer!

Carrie P. said...

Oh, what fun and I just love your quilt and that big cake quilt.

AnnieO said...

Lots more eye candy! Thanks for the mini-shop-hop we got right along with you. Nice shops!

Sherry said...

Wonderful little tour. Thanks for sharing. Your quilt looked pretty darn cute hanging up there on the wall! :)

Kim D. said...

Looks like a fun shop hop, love the cake quilt and you're right the details in that quilt. Just Beautiful!! Love your basket quilt hanging there, very nice.

Pat said...

You are very lucky to have so many fabulous shops in your area! Thanks for sharing the photos...even though I was drooling on my keyboard as I looked at them. LOL

Jan Marie said...

I love your kettles in the kitchen quilt. It is so clever. Sounds like a fun shop hop.

Meredith said...

I did not see a photo of any purchases? Were you that good?

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

What a wonderful feeling to have as you enter a shop and see your quilt! Thank you for sharing your hop with us. I also love Emily's Quilt!

PamKittyMorning said...

You have a lot of inspiring quilt shops there! I'm envious!

West Michigan Quilter said...

It's so great to see these pictures and to visit vicariously places I'll probably never be able to go. Thanks for sharing.

Gigi's Thimble said...

Well, I didn't shop hop this time, so I'm glad to see your pictures of it! We're so blessed to have so many wonderful stores and quilters around here.

Mel said...

thanks for taking all the wonderful pics - makes me jealous I couldn't attend!

pratima said...

The quilts on the wall are spectacular! Some of the pieces in there seem to be so tiny. It is thrilling to see your lovely teapot quilt on display! :)

Retrogirl said...

Does the Quilting Cottage have a catalog online? The one that pulls up in google is in WA. You know I'm always on the hunt for more repros =)