Post Shop Hop - Hop

15 comments
When I Shop Hopped 2 weeks ago I really wanted hop to a few other stores. I wanted to go to Piper's in Sugar House and Quilter's Haven in Bountiful. But I just didn't have the time. Both are fabulous stores with great ideas and selections of fabric.
Saturday I got the chance to visit Quilter's Haven. We drove my daughter Whitney and Allison home for the weekend so she could have her husband take care of her and sleep in her own bed for a couple nights. (Allison and Whitney are back at our house now.) Whitney lives 5 minutes from Quilter's Haven. So of course I stopped and I was so glad I did.
These photos are taken with my iphone so they aren't very good but it will give you a tiny idea of the lovely things in the shop. I really love how Quilter's Haven lights their displays and quilts. It makes for such a happy visit. I actually get butterflies in my stomach when I see great fabric and quilts I would love to make.
This is the view from the front door through the store and to show they have fabric and quilts downstairs. Every quilt displayed is one I would love to make. Quilter's Haven may seem familiar to you since they were featured in this year's issue of nationwide stores in Quilt Sampler Magazine. This was the quilt they also featured. You can also go to the website for Quilt Sampler and tour this store by clicking the link above.
They have new fabrics everywhere as well as classics. For a while they discontinued their 30's but they got the RJR "Everything But the Kitchen Sink" latest line back in the store.
Sorry bad photo but I just loved how they group their different fabrics and quilts in the store so you can go right to where your style suits.

I stood and looked at this quilt for a while (Even though Mr. Hive and 2 of my daughters were in the car. I found out later they went to get ice cream so I shouldn't have worried.). I love this quilt. And I purchased the pattern. Even though it is paper pieced.
This is the corner of the store I zeroed in on. Lecien and sweet flowery prints with several lines of beautiful fabrics.
I really love this quilt. It is so pretty with the deep scalloped edging. It is romantic yet whimsical I think.
Closer look at Lecien. They did have a few fabrics there I've not seen in any other shop so I got just a few yards.
I had a few more pictures but they were just too lousy to show. My computer I usually use is down with another Trojan-fake-Windows-Security-takeover so I hope to get up and back to normal business by Wednesday because I'm participating in Sarah's (Sew Joy Blog) Place-mat Party, and my photos are all on that computer.

-nanette
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

15 comments

Simone de Klerk said...

I can hardly believe this is just one shop, with everything you are showing.
Yes, I love the way they arrange by style! Lovely.

Annette said...

I always enjoy dropping into Quilter's Haven too. A fun place to visit and lots of inspiration.

Nedra said...

I used to go to Quilters Haven all the time when I lived up North.
I hope Whitney is doing better. I bet she enjoyed being home for a few days. Lori gave us updates as she blogged back and forth with you while we were at Rae Ann's cabin. You were SO MISSED! It was really fun to run into your sister when we were in Afton at the quilt store, too.

Julie said...

I live five minutes from Quilter's Haven, too. We have our quilt group downstairs once a month. I love this shop. I won a 100.00 gift card from when they had their open house for being in the magazine. I am sure I won't have a hard time spending it :)!!

Hope you have a great day. Julie

Browndirtcottage said...

I have just been ooouuuu-ing and
aaahhhhh-ing over your past few posts on all your shop hopping!! Such wonderfully talented quilt makers and wonderful shops!!
Looks like you made some good fabric choices....how oh how do you choose and not just spend EVERYTHING you made that week?????

Little Miss Allison looks like a baby Nanette with crown!!!

em's scrapbag said...

Gotta love Quilter's Haven!

pratima said...

The different sections are so cleverly organized. It is truly a Quilter's haven :)
The quilts on the display are so inspiring! The pattern you got is very cute, Nanette. It reminds me of similar circle quilt you did earlier :o)
Ack! computer bug are so frustrating. I hope it can be easily fixed..

Kaaren said...

Oh how I'd love to visit that shop!

They should change their name to Quilter's "Heaven" because that what I would imagine a quilt shop in heaven would look like. Which brings me to ask...

Are there quilt shops in heaven or do we take our stash with us? *wink*

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

Nanette, I love going shopping with you! Where are we going next?

Thimbleanna said...

You lucky girl! I love Quilter's Haven -- that's where I bought all the stuff to make my niece's graduation quilt that I just finished. It's a great shop!

Pat said...

What a WONDERFUL shop!!!

Sherri said...

I've never been to Quilter's Haven...what a great shop!

Sherri said...

I've never been to Quilter's Haven...what a great shop!

Carrie P. said...

How fun to get to visit this shop. I really want to make the quilt that was in the magazine.

*karendianne. said...

There are a couple serious inspirations for me in this post. I'll keep you posted if I end up going off the reservation due to your fantastic photos! hee!