Utah Shop Hop Part I - Material Girls, South Jordan

28 comments
I admit I've never completed the total Utah Shop Hop experience. Usually I try to hit a few stores over the 4 days of Shop Hop. This year it just seemed so strange to have cooler weather (and wind). Usually Shop Hop is hot hot hot. The 3 stores I did go to (so far) were hot hot hot and it was fun to go with my BFF Lori Holt . . .
Yes, that's us. Lori is on the left and I'm on the right. We are posing in our crowns that Material Girls gave out to celebrate Mother's Day, or Queen for a Day as we called it. Each store has a theme for an "event". Whenever Lori and I get together we have an awesome (I hardly ever use that word, so for emphasis you know I mean it) time together. Today was no exception. We went first to Material Girls, then Quilts in Sandy and then Pine Needles in Gardner Village. Lori and I have extremely tight schedules so we have to plan time together.
Nadine was there to meet us when we went to Material Girls. I won a prize (yay). We got there early but by the time we left that store was very busy. (Don't tell but Lori helped me cut my own fabric.)
I took some random shop pictures. I love the eye candy. All the stores had so many wonderful quilts and inspirational displays. It was just so fantastic.
Flower Sugar II is quickly being sold at Material Girls. You can see Pam's pattern displayed right with the fabric.
Here is Lori's Paper Doll Quilt in progress on the back wall. Lori teaches at Material Girls and it is sorta her 2nd home. I love the high ceilings at Material Girls. There is so much to look at.
Lori's niece was there selling jewelry and cute decorated flip flops.

If you check out the photo of me and Lori you can see we are modeling our necklaces. It is vintage cute.Lori gave me this darling gift. She is just so incredibly talented and genius really. I love love love this pincushion. I had it in my sewing room and my daughter said "that is the cutest pincushion I've ever seen". And she's right. It is going to sit right next to me at my machine. Thanks Lori.
My Internet connection has been terrible lately. So I'll try to post again tomorrow. I want to show you the other shops we visited and maybe I'll get to Broadbent's and Quilting Cottage this week to show you those shops, too.


-nanette

Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

28 comments

Kim Walus said...

We had a blast today and visited 10 shops. We didn't hit Material Girls until the afternoon. Sorry we missed both of you.

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Look at the two of you girls in your pink outfits!! I am so glad you had a fun day together. Now you know I want to see what you purchased!!

Julie said...

I went today, too. I saw your cute bag pattern at Broadbents. I had 3 of my girls with me, so I gave them my crown from Material Girls. I loved all the displays they had. It was WAY crowded when I got there.

We are going again tomorrow, but I don't think I will hit all of them this year. Utah has the best quilt shops.

Glad you had such a great time with your friend. Julie

Sherri said...

First...you two look like you're having too much fun...second...love the pink...and the crowns! What a fun shop hop...I happened upon it accidentally one year (just one shop)...and one of these days plan to attend!

Nedra said...

How fun that you two went together for Shop Hop! You and Lori look so cute in that first picture. Actually, you look like sisters. Truely, you are both Queens.

Three Birds Inspired said...

" 'cause girls just wanna have fun" - love the tiaras!

Janet said...

Two pink princesses or should I say queens of the quilting world because you're both so talented, not to mention famous! I'll be watching out to see if you post your loot.

Vicki @ DottyJane said...

Pink is your color! Looks like a fun time:)

Unknown said...

You both match and are wearing my favorite color! Wow, it looks like you both had a fantastic time!! Great shops. Would love to see what finds you picked up!

Thimbleanna said...

Ooooh, I'm soooo jealous!!! You girlies are so cute -- and so lucky! Looks like you had a great time and I LOVE that cute pincushion! Where on earth did Lori find that adorable little chair???

Shelley said...

WooHoo, I'm having a virtual fun time with you guys!! Keep the posts coming!

em's scrapbag said...

Looks like a ton of fun. I spent the day at youth conference. Fun, just a different kind.

Jan said...

Oh Nanette! Your Daughter is absolutely right ... that is the cutest pincushion ever!!! I don't know how Lori does, but that gal is amazing :) Loved hearing about your all's day together ... you both look great :)

Des said...

of course, you won a prize. you always win because you are a winner.
and a queen-y winner to boot!

yeah, it's usually so stinkin' hot. that would have been refreshing for me this year. hope to make it next year.

AnnieO said...

You two look like you are having the best time! What a great outing. I have to wait six months at a time before I have someone to quilt shop with (when my sister and SIL are here in CA). I love love love that pincushion too!

Sandy said...

What a fun time you looked like you had!! I love shop hops with a good friend.
Darling pinchusion....does she sell them?

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

What a delicious looking bunch of eye candy! Thanks for sharing. Looks like you two had a lot of fun.

pratima said...

You and Lori look so cute posing with the tiaras, Nanette :)
The pincushion is adorable! what a fun day to hangout with a friend!!

Simone de Klerk said...

What a wonderful time you must have had!!! I wish we could go shop hopping like that here (0:

Kara said...

I totally saw you at Material Grils, and I was there picking out fabric for your In the Lefy Treetops Quilt, but I was just too star struck to say anything.

Becky said...

That is one of the cutest pincushions! I love shop hops and love seeing photos of shops. Thanks for sharing!

Material Girls said...

Thanks for stopping by!! One of these days I am going to do the "Shop Hop" with you guys. I am glad you guys had fun!! The crowns look fantastic!
Nadine

Mel said...

I was glad to see Material Girls was in the Shop Hop!! Looks wonderful!

Retrogirl said...

What wonderful shops!! Nanette, thank you so much for taking the time to allow us to vicariously Shop Hop with you.
Happy Quilting,
Heather =)

tice said...

helpful resources Prada Dolabuy site web a knockout post this page click here for more

my house said...

Discover More 7a replica bags wholesale Click Here Dolabuy Bottega Veneta Find Out More replica gucci bags

tythis said...

h0s43r7m07 i4c04s8f33 z8h42w3y78 s6i37o7p42 x3c82n9n13 q4g69y0t01

seneeh said...

Louis Vuitton replica Bags j11 s0l37t2u31 replica ysl bags i03 q7f01y4o73 replica bags n55 z0s28r4p07