Fabulous Fabric Friday - What's in the Bag

24 comments
Today's Fabric Friday shows what was in my shopping bag when I spent my afternoon with Lori.
Neither of us spent much $, but that wasn't the point. The point was looking at fabrics and patterns together and enjoying the afternoon.
I bought a fat quarter of the Sherri Berry fabric on the left. I really like all those fabrics in that line. And also a whimsical fat quarter of birds, trees and Christmas joy. Delightful.
These 3 fat quarters Lori and I both purchased. The green on the right is an obvious purchase because we both love bees and have them on our blogs. The other 2 we just really both liked. Look how great the red looks with that aqua, of course.This red Hello Betty is a print that has been out for a while but I didn't realize how beautiful it was until shopping with Lori. I think I was overwhelmed by the whole line looking at the bolts altogether. But look alone how sweet and simple the fabric is with just red and white. And I needed red rick rack.
We also both purchased this pattern. Neither of us have any idea when we can make this bag but we both want to so maybe we'll have to make it together when we meet in April for a retreat.

I really like Christmas fabric. These 2 fabrics in birds are just so cute. I've already used some of it. I'll show you what I did with it next week. So that was it for me. Lori bought some of the new Heather Bailey felted wool blends. The colors of that felt is so pretty, not crayola at all but deep beautiful colors. Maybe she'll show you that on her blog.
My friend Sandra works at the fabric store closest to my house called Just Sew. It is fun to see Sandra when I go to the store. She told me she had a little present for me the last time I was in to see her. And here it is! Thanks Sandra!
I hadn't seen these 3 fabrics yet and they are so cute. I can see a little zipper bag made out of them. I love novelty fabric and of course Sandra knows that. This fun sewing themed fabric is really a delight. My favorite little scene is the one with the woman at the sewing machine and she says "If I sit here long enough maybe they will fix their own dinner" Sounds like my house! Ha.

Busy weekend ahead here.

-nanette
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

24 comments

Nedra said...

Ohh..are you making that bag when you both come to my house in April? Love all the fabrics you and Lori selected. (of course).

Jan said...

Love all the new fabrics Nanette! Your purchases were not too much and not too little ... the perfect amount; and isn't it fun to get it all home and start fondling! Enjoy your w/e :)

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

I love what you bought! That Riley Blake line is so cute, I also love the other fun Christmas print. glad you girls had a fun time!!

Lori Holt said...

Do we really have to wait until April to make that bag?.....I'm thinking right after the
holi-daze!!
Can't wait...that's going to be a fun project with you.

Rae Ann said...

I love all that was in the bag, but my favorite has to be the little birds. Too cute! I need to pick some of that up today. Can't wait to see what you are making with that print.

Brandie said...

You have bought some really great fabrics. Have fun with them. I can't wait to see what them become.
Brandie

jabeybaby said...

Great fabrics, I especially love the Merry Christmas birdies!

Unknown said...

What a terrific time you both had!! Great fabrics you picked up too. But I just love the last one. Do you know what line it is??

Carrie P. said...

Lots of great goodies you found.
I love those first Christmas fabrics.

Sandi Linn Andersen said...

I love the little birdies Christmas fabric! Just makes me think of Christmas when I was a kid. I should make a JUNK bag. That is a really cute pattern. Actually, I might need more than one JUNK bag. :-)

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

Okay, Nanette, I don't need any more fabric. I've seriously got to use up some of this I've got here. But here I am drooling! Those fabrics are all so pretty. I really like all the Christmas ones. It's getting to be that time. Hugs, Elaine

Susan said...

Love the last fabric print...my eye saw the woman washing floors first (probably because I can relate) BUT the lady relaxing in the tub is hilarious...where are the bubbles LOL!

Cathi said...

Gorgeous Christmas fabrics. I love the red one on the left in the second picture! Gorgeous -- and what possibilities for fussy cutting!!

Betsy said...

Everything looks great Nanette. I have the Sheri Beri christmas collection and I love it so much that I do not want to cut into it.

Lurline said...

Wow, you might not have spent many $'s - but what a haul! Wonderful, diverse fabrics - I love!
Hugs - Lurline♥

Cathy @ CabbageQuilts said...

Beautiful fabrics Nanette. I love how your friend folded the fat quarters into triangles then made them look like a star, that is giving me ideas for Christmas...Christmas fabric makes Christmas stars, yay! xo

Thimbleanna said...

Fabulous fabric indeed Nanette! I especially love the little birdies!

Pat said...

Love your fabric purchases! I, too, love the fabrics folded into triangles to look like a star.

Nerm said...

Oooh, Nanette, don't just you love you some Sherri Berry Christmas fabric? What an eye candy post you've made, my friend! Also the little birdie fabric was special.
Can I go shopping with you? Nerm

Dawn said...

You have such an eye for fabrics! I love everything you picked out. I hope the retreat includes shopping...hint hint.

hetty said...

Lovely fabrics Nanette! Can I come shopping with you next time?

Sherri said...

Love the bells, love the trees...LOVE the three fat quarters you both purchased...love the bag, too!!! I should have been there!

Micki said...

The bag is out of this world, and so are the fabrics. I will have to check online for some of them.
Micki

bookjunky said...

Love the Alexander Henry print! Can you find out the name and post it? I would love to get a little of it.