Quilts to Give

20 comments
My quilt for Ashley's daughter came back from the quilter and it turned out really cute, especially for a quilt that started out being wrong.
I used the Hawaiian fabric from Lisa along with some stash fabric. I think it turned out very sweet.
I love how it was quilted. It is quilted with hibiscus flowers all over which fits perfectly with the theme of the quilt.
The quilt back is fun fabric but really soft. It is from a fabric line that says "premium cotton" on the selvage and it feels like really expensive sheets. The name of it is Girly Girl Pink Vines. Laurel showed it to me when I was at Broadbent's. I can imagine after it is washed that it will feel soft as a cloud. I took the quilt to Ashley's baby on Saturday. She's so cute.
I'm donating this quilt I made from my pattern that was in Fon's and Porter last year (it isn't the quilt that was in the magazine but one I made later) to Lu Lu. Lu Lu is the daughter of Liz and James, our friends. Go to Lu Lu's blog to read about her.
Friends of sweet little Lu Lu are having a community benefit to raise money for a liver transplant. The benefit is November 10 in Murray, Utah.Any help you could offer to Lu Lu would be of great benefit. You can email Julia at urlgurl77@gmail.com for more information. Look at her, she is so sweet.

-nanette
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

20 comments

Di~ said...

Darling baby quilt! the girly girl vines backing caught my eye right a way! MMMM I do love your other pattern also!

Nedra said...

Seeing your baby quilt makes me want to make it again. (which I will be soon). Lulu is a cutie. My best to her family.

em's scrapbag said...

Sweet baby quilt. And the quilt your donating for Lu Lu is lovely. Hope it brings a lot of money to help this sweet little girl.

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

What a sweet little girl and beautiful (as always) quilts! It's heartbreaking when one of these little ones has to suffer.

Jan said...

Beautiful quilts Nanette and what an adorable child LuLu is! My prayers will be with her and her family.

Thimbleanna said...

You're such a sweetheart Nanette! Lulu is adorable -- how very heartbreaking. Both of your quilts are beautiful!

Rae Ann said...

As usual, I just love your quilts and the fabric you chose. Darling!
Lulu is a little doll! You have got to be the kindest person I know. Thanks for making us aware of her.

calicodaisy said...

Each quilt is lovely and all girly. Glad you posted about all of them and LuLu, too.

Jennifer said...

Those are both beautiful quilts! I love your blog; I'm so glad I found it today... :)

Jennifer

Jill said...

Gorgeous,gorgeous quilts!!! Lulu is absolutely beautiful!

Unknown said...

Nanette, Your quilts are always so inspiring. What a better way to inspire than to help LuLu. How sweet she is

Mel said...

Sweet quilts!!! Thanks for the link to LuLu's blog - I'm on my way over!

Pat said...

I will add LuLu to my prayers...she is VERY cute! Love the baby quilt....and I'm sure the recipient loved it, too....gotta go now...off to retreat for 3 nights. YAY!!!

Sherri said...

Beautiful quilts! I'll go look at LuLu's blog now...seems so sad...what an adorable girl!

pratima said...

The baby quilt is so adorable. Love the backing too.
Lulu is such a sweetie pie. My best to her!

Julia said...

The baby quilt is so adorable....Sweet Lulu, she gorgeous, I hate to see little ones suffer and go through so much so early in life..
My thoughts are with the family.
Julia ♥

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful little girl! She will certainly be in my prayers!

Cathi said...

What absolutely fabulous little quilts! The quilting is just perfect for them!

Unknown said...

My Grandson had a liver transplant when he was 14 months old and is now a rambunctious 3 year old. Love the fact that so many kind people are raising funds for little Lulu. I also have the say the greatest gift of all is the gift of a donor, god bless.

Dresden Quilter said...

The baby quilts are so sweet. They look like they turned out wonderfully to me!