Fun Fabric Friday from Japan

24 comments
My source for Japanese fabric recently sent me a package full of (free) sample fabrics. Lisa is a sweet girl and she goes the extra mile for me.
I can see stripes on the roof tops of houses and cottages.
These bright 60's flowers will be used in some future project I'm sure.
The flowers in soft pastels can be added to prints to soften the feel of a quilt.
Combined stripes and flowers - lovely.
I love polka dots and I can use these in lots of projects, maybe even some for Christmas.
This is a larger piece and I think this would make a really great floor cloth for Allison.
And I could use this piece to make her a dolly quilt when she is just a bit older. I love the window in the fabric.
This fabric has a carrot and strawberry to make for a plush toy. This might go for either Allison or our dog Shadow. If I put a squeaky plastic thingie in it then Shadow will want it for sure.

There were some other lovelies in the box from Lisa too. I'm sure they will all be used. It was so fun to open the box and discover the mystery fabric. Thanks Lisa.

-nanette
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

24 comments

karen @ badlandsquilts said...

love the stripes and dots. What a nice assortment. Thanks for sharing.

Nedra said...

How nice to get free fabric. I'm sure you have been one of her best customers in the past. The first ones didn't look like your other Japanese fabrics, but the last ones sure did.

Jennifer said...

Oooh you are so lucky! Those are all beautiful fabrics; I love the flowers especially! I can't wait to see what you make with these beautiful fabrics.

Jennifer :)

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

I love that you are already thinking just like a Nanny!! Love the prints!

Jan said...

What a wonderful pkg! That must have made your day :) I adore the 60's flowers and the one that will be a floor cloth for Allison! It is adorable ... perfect for a little one :) Sooooooooo much for her to look at!

jabeybaby said...

Beautiful fabric! I love the stripes and the polka-dots!

alobsiger said...

Cute, cute, cute!! What a great variety of treasures!

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

A good friend is a joy forever, and it looks like Miss Lisa is a Keeper! Beautiful fabrics and interesting ideas for how to utilize them.

life in red shoes said...

I am still trying to picture Japanese women quilting, much less designing such beautiful fabric!
I guess I always envisioned them crouched over computers or working in factories, silly me.

Thimbleanna said...

Aaack! Those big jumbo 60's flowers take me back to my childhood!

Momoo said...

Love the bright 60's flowers. It must be so much fun planning all the things you can make for Allison.

Lynn said...

Such great fabrics. Love the 60's flowers, it reminds me of the speedo swim suits we used to wear in the 60's/70's. Funny to see who gets the toy - baby or dog.

Joyce said...

Great fabrics! Lucky you.. I haven't been blogging for quite awhile.. I need to get back into the swing of things! Take care!

Micki said...

You are a lucky bunny! What wonderful fabrics!
Micki

Jenny said...

Love the strawberry and polka dots.

Sherri said...

I can't even imagine how fun this was for you...a box...fabric...and being surprised by what was inside! Love it all!

Cathy @ CabbageQuilts said...

What a wonderful friend you have, and what a fun box to open and explore, gorgeous fabrics thanks for sharing them with us Nanette xo

Truffle queen said...

Thanks for sharing! What a friend - and you haven't even had the opportunity to hug her in person!

Niesz Vintage Home said...

So pretty!
Love those big flower prints.

Kimberly

Cheryl said...

Love all those fabrics!! Wonderful colors for the new one!

julieQ said...

I am so glad you got a wonderful big box of fabrics!! Lovely, each one.

Jona Giammalva said...

Oh I'm loving those stripes and dots! And the Hollie Hobbie-esque print is absolutely perfect. What a treat!

Cathi said...

Gorgeous fabrics. The soft florals are particularly beautiful!!

Rae Ann said...

The fabrics are beautiful! Can't wait to see the fun things that you do with them! What a sweet friend!