Finishes

36 comments
Oh I love a good finish. It is so satisfying to lay out your work in front of you and sit back to admire.
In this case most of this wasn't my work but I did have the chance to finish this project and put it together. It is more scrappy than my sister would have chosen to finish this quilt off so I hope she will like it. The blocks came together well and it is just a fun little quilt.
I have the binding machine sewn to the edges all ready for her to hand stitch in place. I hate to mail quilts but since she lives in Nevada I just may have to do that. I have both her quilts all ready for her and even though it took a few months. They are done!
I quilted my table runner/table topper project. As I said before they are gifts for friends as a thank you for helping me with the wedding. I hope they like them. I detail quilted the kitchens and kettles and then stippled the rest. I was deciding on what button to top the kettles.
I like wading through my button jars. The buttons are fun to play with and position over the kettles while I stand back to decide what is best. I love the fabrics in this little quilt.
Oops that button looks like I got it a little off center. I went with a plain blue. It was hard to decide.
I went with a little white button on this one because the red buttons just seemed to blend in too much.
I saved the red for this kettle on the square table topper (to fit a round table). I wish I had an apple button but this red round button works.
And so here is half the finish on the table runner.
And the other half. I think the yellow makes the whole thing rather story book illustration-like.
And here is the finish on the table topper. It has upside down cottages so when you are at the other side of the table there is still something to look at.

Finishes=wonderfulness.

-nanette
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

36 comments

Susan said...

You have some beautiful work to admire and everyone is going to love them. Your kettle applique is adorable with the houses. Very nice, Nanette.

Annette said...

The little embroidered quilt is so cute!! She will love it. I know I do.

Jennifer said...

I love the embroidered blocks! And as always, I enjoy seing your kettles...

Jennifer :)

quiltingnana said...

the embroidered blocks are so cute...love the teapots too

Brandie said...

You did a great job, your sister will love her quilt.
I love your buttons, they added that last touch, Perfect.
Brandie@abrandiecreation.com

Unknown said...

All your finishes = wonderfulness!! I love them all. But I am so fond of those little stitcheries. No matter if you mail it or hand deliver, she will just love it. Those tea kettles are just adorable and the buttons are the perfect touch.

Trisha said...

So cute! I love how you top the kettles with a button.

alobsiger said...

Hurrah! What sweet projects! I really do enjoy seeing all of the special details you put into your work, Nanette!

Sherri said...

Wonderful, wonderful finishes!!! Nanette...I could look at your quilts and projects all day long!

Rae Ann said...

The applique quilt is to die for! I love the kettle quilt so much and the buttons add a wonderful touch. Hey...I might have just the perfect red apple button for that one kettle. I will look and let you know today!
Rae Ann

Thimbleanna said...

Congratulations on your finishes Nanette! I love that baby quilt -- the embroidery is a treasure!

Unknown said...

*gas* that last picture is wonderful!!!

Di~ said...

MMMM MMMM MMMM everything! Please let me help at the next wedding!!!:)

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

Nanette, they are all SO pretty! And what a great idea to have cottages facing both ways. The kettles are all so charming, and the perfect button is so important, isn't it? :)

Finished is GOOD!

rachel griffith said...

SO cute.
all of it.
:)

julieQ said...

Love your finishes!! Those embroidery blocks are so very cute, and the houses too.

Nedra said...

Great job on the setting you used for your sister's quilt. It turned out wonderful, and I know she will be so pleased. Love all the new houses and teapots too! You have such an eye for color.
The buttons are the perfect addition to each one.

Kaaren said...

Super finishes...every one of them!

Betsy said...

Nanette they will love them.

Carrie P. said...

Everything you put your hand to is just gorgeous.

Ginger Patches said...

If your sister doesn't like it I'll take it :) It turned out beautiful and I'm sure she'll love it! I am drooling over your kettle runner...that border fabric is wonderful!!! All soooo cute!!

Cathy @ CabbageQuilts said...

Your sister's quilt is simply beautiful, that embroidery is beautiful. I adore your house and kettle table runner, that yellow is so happy, and I love the thoughtful finishing touches like the buttons and the way you have fussy cut the fabrics. You are so inspiring Nanette xo

Sandi Linn Andersen said...

Oh, so, cute!! Lucky friends to receive such nice friends. Lucky you that they were they to help with the wedding!

*karendianne. said...

I wish you could hear my ooohs and awwws and gosh how cute -words. Oh my what delightful work. Just looking makes me so happy and joyful. I wonder why I never make things like this. So happy I mean. I like those dark, deep C.W. fabrics but these are just so sweet and happy!

Lori Holt said...

Nanette...I absolutely adore that yellow table runner! I spied fabric that was my grandma's that I gave you! You used it for the door on the blue house....I love that fabric and I'm thrilled that you put it in your runner...
x
Lori

Sherry said...

Congrats on your finishes. Everything is just gorgeous. I always love looking at your projects. Thanks for sharing!

Dawn said...

I love the setting you used for your sister's quilt. Of course, I love your tablerunners too. Yahoo for finishes!!

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Your sister will be thrilled!! You know I love you work and never tire of looking at it, good choice on the buttons!!!
You are also right
finish=happy

Micki said...

You did beautiful work and congrats on the finish!
Micki

Micki said...

You did beautiful work and congrats on the finish!
Micki

michelle said...

I absolutely LOVE the kitty quilt you did for me. It turned out spectacular! I can't thank you enough. A better sister I couldn't have asked for. Teri is coming down Next Thursday maybe she can bring them. You are the best. Your table topper is so cute and the runners. I have the one you made me on my table now. Gee all the cute stuff I have you gave me. Love ya

Janet said...

All the details in your quilts are such fun and wonderful to see. I just love an excuse to use old buttons. The kitty quilt is just adorable.

debi said...

Hello, for this quilt- do you cut the squares the same way or do you off cut them? Debi

Momoo said...

Love your sister's embroidery.
Your friends are lucky to recieve you work, hope they appreciate all you put into your designs.

Jennifer said...

Nannette its all so darn creative over here!!!

Anonymous said...

Nanette and girls...I cannot tell you just how much I LOVE your blog!!! Such talent! I am enjoying each entry!!!