Tonight is the Liver for LuLu Benefit

18 comments
Remember last week I told you about the quilt I donated to the Benefit for LuLu. Well, so incredibly many preparations are going on for the LuLu benefit tonight. My neighbor Laura and her daughter Leslie have been preparing and working so hard to help raise money for LuLu's liver. Laura called me to come over and see what they have been working on. The items below are for the silent auction.
Leslie and Laura made wedding cake cookies as samples for the highest bidder's wedding or wedding shower. So so cute.
Leslie is a fabulous cake baker/cake decorator. She and Laura made the cupcakes for Natalie's wedding. This is a cake to represent what Leslie could make for the highest bidder's wedding. It is lovely. It could be compared to any perfect wedding cake in Brides Magazine. All proceeds go to LuLu.
Laura is donating spots in her Soup Cooking Class. Laura is a fabulous cooking teacher and chef. Her soups are amazing.
This might look strange. But it is a Hershey Kiss cake in the making. All it needs is the foil cover wrapper.
I had to go to Leslie's truck to take this photo as they were packing up some of the items to take to the benefit.
And this was what was packed in the truck - Rice Crispy Suckers all decorated so darling. Can you believe how talented Laura and Leslie are? I couldn't do this if some one paid ME.
Fall cookies ready to frost . . .
along with cupcakes ready to frost. You can believe all this will taste as good as it looks. I am exhausted just thinking of all the preparations and they aren't even finished. And this is just Leslie and Laura. So many other people are donating their time and talents for this sweet little girl. I hope that the benefit is super successful.

-nanette
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

18 comments

Little Lady Patchwork said...

Yummy! Yummy! Yummy!

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Oh my goodness, I wish everyone much success!

Nedra said...

What generous friends. I'm sure the charity will be a huge success.

Jill said...

I hope it all will be a success for Lulu....God bless her & her family.

Thimbleanna said...

Wow -- it all looks so wonderful -- hopefully the benefit will be a huge success! Didn't your neighbor have a blog too -- did she give up on it?

Susan said...

Wonderful contributions for the benefit. Everything looks so tempting right down to the rice crispy treats...so cute!

West Michigan Quilter said...

Wonderfull contribution. Everything looks yummy! This event can't miss and is sure to be a big success.

Live Well With Judi said...

Nanette: Please tell Laura and Leslie that their work is incredible. I would love to have their info so I can hire them for things I need food for! They do amazing things. Further, it's so heartwarming to see how full the world is with wonderful, generous, good people. Sometimes we make the mistake of watching the news and forget about all the wonderful people in the world! Thanks for reminding us of that!! Hugs

Julie said...

WOW!!! I hope that the event is a huge success. Judging from the work that has goned in to it, I think it will be. Julie

Sandi Linn Andersen said...

What incredibly talented and very generous friends, Nanette!! It is all so beautifull presented right down to the Rice Krispie suckers!! I hope the event is very, very successful!

Janet said...

It's going to be a great success, what a very worthy cause and I'm not surprised by the amazing efforts. Everything looks amazing.

Lurline said...

These goodies are so beautifully presented - I am wishing everyone success on this wonderful gesture!
Hugs - Lurline♥

Lurline said...

These goodies are so beautifully presented - I am wishing everyone success on this wonderful gesture!
Hugs - Lurline♥

Unknown said...

It just warms my heart when people come together to do good things for others. I wish the best for Lulu and for the benefit.

Cathi said...

I hope the benefit is more successful than anyone could dream! It all looks so wonderful!

Truffle queen said...

I hope the bidding was HIGH! What beautiful cookies, cake, etc! How generous and kind-hearted people - including you!

Truffle queen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
carole ann said...

OMG, those look incredible, I am sure tons of money was raised. They both do beautiful work.