Christmas Cottage Exchange Begins Today

25 comments
Terri and I have received an overwhelming response to the block exchange. We are both really excited and I'm soooo happy Terri is helping me with this. She's super organized and keeps me on the path. And she's a good friend. Thank you so much Terri. The time has come to start the exchange so I am not accepting anyone new unless someone changes their mind. I am posting a list of first names that are in the exchange below. If your name is not there and you have contacted me, please email me right away. Also I don't have everyones email address. So please get those to me.

Terri, Cheri, Stephanie, Sherri, Lyda, Sandi, Paulette, Trisha, Rachel, Karen, Sarah, Melissa, Cheryl, Karen, Ruthie, Emily, Annette, Tara, Flora, Kim, The Other Nanette, Kathi, Carrie, Chen, Michele, Karla, Shauna, Jane, Amanda, Lily, Carolann, Cate, Sabine, Caitty, ALisa, Pam, Kathy, Pratima, Dawn, Melissa, Sandy, Eileen, Rebecca, Teresa, Elaine, Mary, Tricia, Micki, Candace and Me!

Whew, that took a while. I hope I got it all right. Ok, I'm sure I didn't but I'll fix it as I see mistakes.

Everyone will be in groups of 12 exchangers. You will make 11 blocks to mail to either Terri or me and keep one for yourself. Refer to past posts for reminders of instructions. But you will receive an instructional email sometime today. (When I catch my breath!)

Cutting out and planning the blocks is just as fun (at least for me) as stitching them together and seeing them take life.


I've seen some of your blogs with houses cropping up everywhere. It is really exciting. Those of you that aren't exchanging, you might want to click on the names above from time to time to see their inspiration blocks. I am loving what I see so far. And those without blogs need to send me update photos so we can include your blocks, too. Terri and I will both post updates from time to time and she's got this great mock quilt montage she's set up so we can see how they will look together.

More later girls -

nanette

Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

25 comments

Rachel said...

(re: bloody IKEA incident) Oh my goodness Nanette! How awful! My friends were just telling me how on their last trip to IKEA (in Cincinnati) a woman tripped and hurt her ankle on something that an employee had left right outside the store, and the woman and her husband couldn't get anyone to help them. My friends then went inside and demanded some help, and removal of the thing she tripped on. Jeesh!

Susan said...

Nanette, I can tell already this is going to be the swap of all swaps and regrettably I couldn't join in the fun. Not at this time with the wedding in October BUT I will be checking from time to time on everyone's progress.

Unknown said...

Nanette, It sounds like all who are involved will be having lots of fun!!

Thimbleanna said...

Wow! Would you look at all those blogs I've never heard of. Blogland never ceases to amaze me! You guys are going to have a great time!!!

Abby and Stephanie said...

You're doing a great job Nanette!

Eileen said...

This looks like so much fun! I have not even started looking through fabrics yet.. but now I can't wait till I get in the clear so I can start. Thank you both Nanette and Terri!

Pam Marshall said...

THis is like waiting for Christmas Morning as a kid.

Ginger Patches said...

Your blocks are so cute...even though I'm not swapping I am definitely going to have to make a few :) I am having fun watching you all have fun :)

jen duncan said...

Hi Nanette! Boy, I've missed a lot here in blogland lately! The swap sounds like loads of fun. Houses are just perfect for using fussy cuts. :-)

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Sounds like such funny.Sorry I missed this swap.

Betsy said...

Nannette, I wish I could have participated but the October time frame to ship is too short for me,.
They are so pretty.

quilterpolly said...

we are going to have so much fun:) I can't wait...I love your houses...Thanks for the great ideas:)
Polly

Unknown said...

Sounds like fun and I will enjoy seeing the houses around blog land :).

Hugs - Karen

julieQ said...

What fun, and I am so glad you got such a response. I just have to get in this next time!

sewtakeahike said...

How exciting Nanette! You have a heap of exchangees and I bet the quilts will all be gorgeous. I'm really thinking I'm going to do a cottage lap quilt for my mom for Christmas and embroider the names of some of family and friends on each little cottage. I'll let you know when I get started on it!

Jill said...

Ohh, I wish I could do this-it sounds like so much fun!!! Wishing you the best Nanette,with your swap!!

em's scrapbag said...

I am so excited. Thanks for hosting this. I can't wait to start making little houses.

Ulla said...

Your swap sounds like so much fun! It is good to hear that there are two of you organizing this; Eileen and I noticed that with the summer stash challenge. Good luck with the project, I will keep an eye on you. And I will definitely make some cottage blocks as well.

Darlene said...

What a delightful swap, Nanette. I want to play along so badly but it's not in the cards right now. Sigh! I'll sit on the sidelines and cheer everyone on.

Anna M. said...

Wow! That looks like so much fun! I'm so sad now that I couldn't sign up for this swap. Well, I guess I can still make some blocks...and there's always next time... Thanks again! =)

Where in the world is Jefferson City, Missouri said...

I think you missed my name Lyda, Lyda Loehring.....I can't wait to get started.....in all my stash.....it will be fun.....

Kristine Hanson said...

I just found your blog today, if someone does not want to join I would love to take their place!! I have never done a swap before, these houses are too cute!

mary-myneedlethead.blogspot.com said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog, Nanette!
Am so excited about this xmas cottage exchange. My email is
coolmommary@fastmail.fm
blog: http://mary-myneedlethread.blogspot.com
Thanks for doing all of this, Hugs, Mary

Threeundertwo said...

These are so cute! I'll be watching from the sidelines. Can't wait to see all the blocks.

thesoez said...

replica bags wholesale india click to investigate c0t10r8e76 replica bags paypal replica bags uk replica hermes handbags q0z02m1g06 replica bags wholesale replica bags australia replica gucci u9v57i3u72 replica bags paypal accepted