Its Fabulous Fabric Friday Again

17 comments
I'm getting excited and ready to start my Christmas Cottage blocks. And I got some new Christmas fabric to use. I had a big box of Christmas fabric saved from years past (some vintage stuff too) up in our unfinished room over the garage. We had a really snowy winter last year and ice built up on the roof and long story short - bad leak, icky mess, no more Christmas fabric. I actually don't remember throwing it away but in the thick of cleaning up I'm sure it got tossed out because I can't find it now. Everything was full of wet insulation. I have just a few Christmas pieces from past projects that were with my regular stash so all is not lost. So poor me. I had to buy these fat quarters of Anna Griffin's new Christmas fabric. There is so much to choose from in this line. I'm going to use some of it for the cottages and some for other projects.
I also got some Some Santa and Snowman novelty fabric
I think I'm most excited to get the Mini Muu Christmas from Fat Quarter Shop. You know how I love that Japanese novelty fabric.
Now ladies in the Christmas Cottage exchange - don't go out and buy new fabric. Go use your Christmas stash. I wish I had mine but that's what happens when you have a mess and you just want to get rid of it. By Tuesday I hope to have a few different Christmas Cottages to show and give some ideas and find out some things from the group. But in the mean time . . .
A little bit ago I won a giveaway at Quilter's Buzz. I was so tickled to win. I have so much respect for Gina and I've read her blog for ages. I just love the things Gina sent me. It was like my birthday all over again. Above are some of the fabrics in the box. I've already cut a few of the pieces for my Quilt Street houses. This came just at the perfect time. And here is more. The gray and reddish purple on the left as well as some others I've gotta keep an eye on because I saw Natalie greedily petting it and saying "I really like this!" Of course I'll share.
Gina also sent me some of the Threaded Pear patterns. There are really some fun ideas there. I've had them on my desk and I've been reading them and dreaming.

Thanks so much Gina. I love my prize box. I've got plans for several of the pieces right away. I even made my husband come look at my winnings. You know how exciting that was for him! ha

Have a nice weekend girls. I hope to sew some. - nanette
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

17 comments

Nedra said...

Congratulations on all of your winnings! Lovely.

Unknown said...

Nanette, You have some wonderful holiday fabrics. I can't wait to see the Minny Miu you order. I love that too. I am curious to see what you picked. You also received some beautiful things from Gina. I soooo know how excited a husband can get about fabric and patterns :) LOL!

calicodaisy said...

Nice haul! I'm going to get some of the Japanese fabrics on sale at pink chalk fabrics this weekend, just not sure which ones.
-- michele

Thimbleanna said...

Oooh, that Anna Griffin fabric is adorable. Have you seen her new baby fabric (at least I think it's new -- I'm usually behind though, so maybe it's old!) I love it -- makes me want a baby in the family!

Sandra :) said...

Your Christmas fabrics are fantastic - very festive! I pulled out mine yesterday too, and I definitely need to get shopping, lol.

CJ said...

Poor Nanette, she HAD to get new Christmas fabrics. I think it looks like you replenished your stash alright! :D FUN stuff on your winnings too! I have that Threaded Pear STRIP EASE pattern AND I have the fabric for it - Pop Garden! I thought I saw another one of their patters shown with the prize on Quilter's Buzz - the big block log cabin. I have been eyeing that one for awhile and last week my LQS had it for 1/2 price AND it was BOGO!! Oh yeah! I got one called Cioppini (or something like that). I'm going to look at Mini Muu fabric now...like I need to do that. Can't wait to see more Christmas Cottages!

Cathi said...

That first photo really made Christmas seem close! Gorgeous fabrics!!

Sherry said...

I love all of your holiday fabrics & your goodies from Gina. Hope you get some quality sewing time this week-end!

flora said...

hey! I tried a house today but need confirmation on dimensions. Mine turned out 10!/2 x 12 1/2. Did i make a mistake or is the block not square? Clarification please. Mine is very cute, though!

Lisa said...

Goodness! that looks like a looot of fabric! Hope to see what you make with it all, soon!!!! Happy sewing!

em's scrapbag said...

What great winnings. And all the Christmas fabric is festive. I'm really looking forward to the exchange.

Amanda Jean said...

wowza! that is a whole lot of new fabric. have fun!!!

Fran said...

Nanette, you sure brought Christmas seem close and in my face (*LOL*).
I haven't even thought of bringing out the Christmas stuff. I just bought some Halloween fabric to make loot bags for my 2 grand daughters.

I really do have to start looking. I'm going to spend some time out of town for Thanksgiving (Oct 13th in Canada)
I may get lucky and see a few fabric shops on the way there or back.
You hit the jackpot with that bundle you won. I'm green with envy..:D Good for you.

~~Fran...:c)

Mimi Sue said...

Such beautiful fabric, as usual. Most of my stuff is in boxes in the basement. When I find them it's gonna be like Christmas morning. Mimi

quiltingnana said...

Can't wait to see your Christmas projects!

Ginger Patches said...

I love that Anna Griffin fabric, I hadn't seen it before...must go get some lol! Your swap looks so fun, I have however promised myself and my family no new swaps until after Christmas :( Have fun!!!

Nan said...

Wonderful fabric - I'm in love with it all!
Congratulations on winning goodies from Gina, too!