Cottages, Cottages, Cottages, Cottages, Cottages everywhere

39 comments
I hope everyone had a fun and productive weekend.

Please don't get sick of seeing cottages because Terri and I will be updating the virtual quilt with the exchange blocks every few days to showed continued progress. Cottages are popping up everywhere and it's really so delightful to see them and see the uniqueness each person in the exchange brings. I hope you can click the picture to see the wonderful details.

I've had several people ask to join the exchange since the cut off date and I do appologize that we can't make room for you this time. I do welcome anyone who wants to sew along with us to join by sending photos of your cottages and I will show them on the blog too. They are kind of addicting.
When I was blog hopping and cottage gazing I went to Sarah's blog last week and could not believe her reindeer fabric! Whooohooo. She found a link for me on Ebay to get some, it was on sale, I immediately ordered it, it was delivered Saturday and I have cut out some Christmas Cottage roofs with it. Yeah I copied her, she's amazing. Actually all her fabric is beautiful.

Ok I got side tracked. I was going to say that Sarah posted her Christmas cottages and then at the end of the post she mentioned how fun it would be to do Halloween or fall cottages. The idea struck me like lightening and as soon as I had a few moments alone with my machine I dropped everything and started cutting and sewing.



Before I knew it I had 9 fall cottages put together. I hope to quilt them in the next couple days just in time for the start of October. It was so much fun pulling out oranges, blacks, deep greens and Halloween novelty. I even used some of Camille's Cotton Blossom fabric. I can't tell you how much fun it was.

Saturday was busy. A few of my girls and I briefly popped in to Anna and Erica's quilt show. I'll post a few pictures later in the week.

And then we went to Material Girl's quilt shop. Nadine wasn't there but I did pick up the fabric I won on her blog to make a ironing board cover. That is seriously an amazing shop. More about what else I got there later in the week. I may not be able to hold out until Fabulous Fabric Friday though. That place makes my heart pound with fabric love.

Can't wait to see what you all did over the weekend now.

-nanette

Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

39 comments

Sherri said...

Love your fall cottages...I made three Halloween ones...hope to post them on my blog tomorrow! And...my Christmas ones for the exchange are all done, but I don't want to quit making them. Thanks again for such a terrific, fun pattern!

jen duncan said...

With all the fabulous fabrics you have to choose from I can see why you keep wanting to put different houses together! What a fun thing for you all to share in!

MichelleB said...

The cottages are looking great! I love that reindeer fabric, and the Halloween cottages are so cute.

Lisa said...

goodness! you have been busy! all the cottages look great!

Eileen said...

Oh I LIKE how the houses look sewn together in rows like that without the sashing! I was definitely thinking of using sashing on mine, but now I think I won't!

Browndirtcottage said...

oh...these cottages are all so darling.....YES...they are VERY addicting....my brain is a-swirl with tons of ideas.....i will look forward to the following weeks seeing the variety and talent that will appear....OK..cottages girls....carry on!!

Abby and Stephanie said...

LOVE your fall cottages. I was thinking seasonal ones too but no time to make them at the moment!!!

Threeundertwo said...

That's it. I'm getting off the computer and going to my sewing machine right now! I love love love these!

I really like the polka-dot you picked for the sky for your Fall cottages. I'm still debating making mine a "spooky night" theme with a starry sky.

So inspiring!

Des said...

I don't want to hear one more apology for showing these cottages. Show 'em everyday, every hour, every minute. Whatever floats your boat, we LOVE 'em!!

ADORE the reindeer fabric. How fun!!

Unknown said...

I love how the cottages are turning out. I really like your Halloween/fall version...wonderful colors. Love the reindeer fabric too!

Carrie P. said...

I like to see the cottages. It is fun to see what everyone is doing. I really like your fall cottage quilt too.

Susan said...

OK, I am on inspiration overload...I will have to stop reading your posts or explode...just kidding. I will have to make a few haunted cottages very soon.

Unknown said...

I am loving seeing all of them too. I just finished my first one and will post it on my blog tomorrow.
Teresa

Di~ said...

Hey Nanette! looks like you are having fun! The cottages are great, I need to try making one!

Mel said...

You are toooooo much! I LOVE the fall cottages! Now I'll have to do some! My goodness, but you are addicting!

Since you are so creative and obviously never sleep -
IDEA: Could you come up with a fun flower design/tutorial for spring/summer and then we can have a swap for them? I'm not asking too much am I :)

pratima said...

Fall cottages are so adorable. Love the colors.Very cheerful!

Betsy said...

they look lovely

Anonymous said...

Holy smokes you're fast! I'm so jealous. We were gone this weekend so I didn't get any sewing done. :( Your fall cottages are so great! And they look really cute all in a row. I can't wait to make mine. I have a nice pile of Halloween fabric awaiting me. x

quilterpolly said...

I love seeing all the cottages pop up everywhere...thanks for being such a great hostess:)

Nedra said...

I think the fall cottages are just as cute as the Christmas ones! How do you come up with it all? You continue to amaze me with your creativity.

Candace said...

Oh, Nanette - I'm on the same wave-length! I stopped at a quilt store I only get to go to when I have a dentist appt in another city today and picked up a whole bunch of Halloween fat quarters to add to my already huge stash of Halloween fabric to made some Halloween cottages! I just couldn't resist :>)

Karen said...

Wonderful cottages.

Jodi Nelson said...

Am I kicking myself now? Why yes I am. The cottages are wonderful! I love seeing them. ;o) ooxx`jodi

em's scrapbag said...

The fall cottages are so cute. I love this little block. Can't wait to get started on mine. As soon as I finish quilting the reunion quilt I will start. I have been collecting fabric.

Amanda Jean said...

all of the cottages are so cute!

I know about how an idea can strike like lightening. I had that same exact thing happen to me this weekend!! it involved candy corn and man was it fun. (you'll see the results in a few days...)

jacquie said...

they're everywhere, they're everywhere! and brightening my day each time i see one.

Cheryl said...

It is so much fun to see all the cottages. Everyone is doing such a great job. And your Fall cottages .... OMW!!! Wish I had time to whip some up, but I probably will have to do that next year!

Sandi Linn Andersen said...

Oh, dear, I have all my Halloween fabric out because I am preparing for my retreat at the end of October and now I have all my Christmas fabric out and I am making Christmas cottages, but you're Halloween ones are cute, too. What's a girl to do? Too many fun things to do, that's for sure!! You realize this could lead to "lovely little red and white cottages" for Valentines Day and then sweet little pastel ones for Easter and Spring. Hee, hee, hee!!!! Who says nobody's building houses these days!!

Mimi Sue said...

Looks like you had a fun weekend. Do you have a pattern for the ironing board cover? I would love to make one in a fabulous fabric. Mimi

Red Geranium Cottage said...

I am so gonna make me a cottage quilt. I love yours a somehow totally missed your swap.DUH!!!

Anonymous said...

The cottages all together look great! I am very curious how all the 12 different cottages will look together. I suppose it will be wonderful!

Unknown said...

The cottages are darling and I really like those autumn cottages - probably because it's my favorite time of the year. That reindeer fabric is fun fun fun'

Hugs - karen

Threeundertwo said...

Look what you made me do!!

http://litandlaundry.blogspot.com/2008/09/tale-of-procrastinator.html

Happy Zombie said...

I will never get sick of seeing the cottages! Bring them on, and please don't stop!

Ooogly Wooogly... love looking at them and they are all so beautiful!

CJ said...

I don't know where I missed that you are showing a VIRTUAL quilt! I wondered how it got so big so fast. :D I love seeing the images. Don't stop on MY account.

Melissa said...

I loved the quilt you showed last night and the guild! It looks fantastic! I wish I had the time to join in! :)

Ginger Patches said...

I love those fall cottages! I want to go make some!!

Betsy said...

It seems like you are having a blast. They look sooo good.

Nan said...

Those cottages look good in any fabric or season, don't they? Adorable, Nanette! I am going to have to keep up with your blog better, so I won't get left out of the next exchange! It looks like such fun!