Secret project using fabric made from selvages sewn together

9 comments




I am making some gifts with this "homemade fabric". I got the idea of using selvages in a project that Manda did at Tree Fall Design. She made pin cushions that are darling.


I have been thinking about the interesting selvages I have been throwing away and wondering what else could be done to use them. I decided that sewing them together and making new "fabric" out of it would make endless possibilities. You could make anything from quilt squares to something wearable. I think hotpads would be super cute. Maybe I'll try that when I'm done with this project. If I could get our dog Shadow to sew instead of sleep I'd be much further ahead with my hand made gifts. - nanette
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

9 comments

Natalie said...

instead of a pet dog, you have a pet tribble! a pile of fur, how darling.

whitneyms said...

haha, there you go again natalie, showing your startrek side.
this pic is my new background on my work computer.

Shelbie said...

mine too! I love this picture! Shadow loves things quilted -- for some reason.

jen said...

at first glance, i thought shadow was a wig!

nanette -- your project is DARLING. what a fun idea to use those cute selvages!! you are too good.

michelle said...

When I first saw the pictue it looked like a black wig on your fabric

Rachel said...

I love the idea of using the selvedges! I love the way strips look when sewn together anyway, and that makes great use of otherwise unused fabric.

Purple and Paisley said...

i had not been through your entire blog...i didn't know you made stuff out of selvedges! i can't remember where i got the idea, but someone made an adorable doll quilt for their little girl and posted a pic...have been saving mine ever since...=)

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I just found your blog and starting from the beginning to look through it as I wanted to know about the name of your blog and your mom. I have seen quilts made from the salvage, there was one at the Dallas Quilt show this year. It was a log cabin type of pattern I believe and really neat looking.
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

ahmed said...

ومن أكثر أهمية ما تقوم به مؤسسة نجران هو آلة الغسيل الجديدة وهي تقوم بالتخلص من جميع البقع لأن البخار هو يقوم القضاء على جميع البكتريا وبعد هذا يقوم بالتعقيم، حيث إن أجهزه البخار هي تعمل علي التنشيف وهو موضعه بلا إزاحته من موضعه، وبالتالي عزيزي الزبون إذا عانيت كثيرا من ضيق المقر في عملية التنظيف فعليك البحث عن المؤسسات المختصة هي التي توفر لك جميع الخدمات التي تريدها وهي توفر المقر للزبون للقيام بتلك الخدمة، ويوجد لدينا أفضل الخصومات والخصومات في الأثمان التي تقوم المؤسسة بتقديمها لجميع عملائها.
شركة النجوم لخدمات التنظيف
شركة كشف تسربات المياه بالطائف
شركة تنظيف خزانات بالطائف
شركة تنظيف بالطائف