Sweets' Pencil Roll

5 comments

My mom gave me this book by Joelle Hoverson as an early Christmas present. I'm making the pencil roll for my boyfriend's sister for Christmas. She's an artist and I hope she likes it. It was fun picking out fabrics, but what I hate most about sewing is all the cutting that needs to be done. blech. I did cut enough for three pencil rolls though, so I'm set if I want to make one again soon. I had a hard time getting my fabric choices look cohesive until I got the order of the colors right. It is very satisfying seeing it all layed out and pretty looking, but I still have to put the whole thing together. I'm sure it will turn out cute. -Natalie
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

5 comments

Shelbie said...

I see some scraps in there from some of the japanese fabric I used in my skirt -- glad to see its being put to use. I told mom that it was worth not throwing away!

Thanks Natalie

Natalie said...

i cut scraps of your other fabric too. and stashed bigger samples of those scraps away for me to use or adore later, like a squirrel hoarding huts.

whitneyms said...

hehe, like a squirrel hoarding nuts.

you might need a shirt with that on it. and with this picture too.

http://mfrost.typepad.com/cute_overload/2006/06/stop_the_insani.html

michelle said...

Natalie that is so cute and you made great color choices. I am going to look for that book.

Rachel said...

The pencil roll is super cute! What a great idea!